Options

265 Fiesta Vee Aft Wiring Question

K&S2015K&S2015 Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
I did quite a bit of work this year to my boat.  While I had the fresh water and the black tanks out I found some wiring back there laying along the side that was cut and I wonder what it must go to.  The wire colors are black/white stripe and a solid dark green.  They have tape to keep them together.  I referenced the wiring diagram and do not see it.  The wiring runs up the side to the Rinker mess behind the instrument panel.  I do not know of one single item that is not functioning on the boat.  Is this something Rinker did?  Maybe it was for an option and that option was not installed in my boat so the wiring is cut flush and thrown back there??  If someone knows what the wiring goes to I would really appreciate the assistance.  I am going to try to isolate it back behind the panel without pulling it and use a wireless wire tracer to try to locate it, but any help would speed that up.  Thank you all.  The wiring is in the engine compartment.  I can take some pics if anyone needs them.

Comments

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Green should be DC grounding conductor, not sure about Black with white stripe, but a Blue/white stripe is Trim up/or out

Boat Name : 

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    IMO black is DC negative. Green is AC ground and should never ever be bonded to the DC system.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    K&S2015K&S2015 Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    I think this black wire could serve another purpose than ground as it has a distinctive white stripe on it.  Green could be a ground for something.  I might just wind the wire back up neatly, zip tie it back and forget it for now.  I'm not tearing my instrument panel right now to identify.  I am not fond of how the wiring behind the mirror in shower looks.  It looks like a mess.  It also looks like a Rinker mess.  There is not too much in the way of add on items and those items are actually better than the other wiring.  I took a look at the wiring diagram again and still did not see the wiring.  Maybe it was something that a previous owner had removed.  I'll check it when I can for power running through them with a multi-meter when I get a chance.