Options

Marine Air systems fault code- HPF

laureniac1laureniac1 Member Posts: 253 ✭✭✭
I have been getting the fault code of HPF (high freon pressure) . Marine air system s says the internal condenser coil needs clean with a product called Barnicle Buster, or just miratic acid product like On OFF haul cleaner.  The fan would not kick on and I would just have to turn unit off and the back on. Strainer is clean and unit pumps water fine.  I ran a half gallon of On Off and let it sit for a few hours, and the good news was the fan kicked on and boat cooled down in minutes. Then the bad news I still get the fault code HPF. I did notice the stream of water pumping out is different. I think I defiantly loosened some gunt that was in the unit, and I'm going to try another half gallon. I used a funnel to pump the product in before strainer assembly. Any other thoughts? What are others doing to clean the internal parts. And the filter and outside coils fins are clean.

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have done good but in order for the chemical to work it has to sit in the condenser for a while. Leave it in too long and it will eat up the metal. Very tricky. I don't like you using muriatic acid either. 
  • Options
    I think it does need to sit a little longer. I believe Barnicle would be little safer agree. Thanks for feedback. What do others do?
  • Options
    duane.mosleyduane.mosley Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
    i would get into your water pump for the ac, bypass the pump by connecting your garden hose and check to see if it's your pump. when i bought my 250 last year, i was getting HPF and it turned out my water pump was pumping, but wasn't pumping enough volume of water through the compressor to keep it cool. if it happens to be your water pump, i used one from my local pet store. i stepped up to a 350 gph pump and it worked great. didn't put the base on and it fit into the 5'' clamp that was holding the existing pump. i paid 100 bucks for my pump but you can get them online between 60 and 80 bucks

• Options
    The pump by the strainer?
  • Options
    duane.mosleyduane.mosley Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
    The pump by the strainer?
    yes

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The inlet under the boat could be partially clogged too.