poop smell from engine compartment

dan342dan342 Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
i have a 2007 rinker 342 with vacu flush... tank has been flushed and added with water, then go out and drive around then pump out again and there is still a small in engine compartment... is there a poop filter somewhere or something?

Comments

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there is a holding tank vent filter. On my 2006 342 it is just above the fire wall, port side in the engine compartment, forward of the generator. I have an electric toilet but I would assume your holding tank is in the same location as mine which is just in front of the fire wall on the port side. If the filter gets full of crap things can smell. Also, clean out your bilge. If the water is brown then its stinky. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• dan342dan342 Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    i simple green and used a brush down there a few weeks ago shes spotless. thanks ill take a look and see what i can find, you have any issues with a black on your boat going chaulky looking? 

You mean the black hull? Yes. I bought it last spring and it was very chalky. I compounded it 3 times with flitz and it looked 75% better but i was not happy with it and it's starting to chalk again now in some areas. I've been researching ways to bring her back to new looking this fall and I don't want to wetsand because it thins the gelcoat. Right now I plan to use aqua buff, online stories on THT look pretty good. Have you had any success with the black hull?

edited July 2016
    yes i had 3 step compound it also and it looked good for a bit. then the folowing spring i was pi$$ed with the look so i had a local guy that is amazing with detailing wetsand and everything that lasted a little longerbut then went back to chaulky. im in the works with talking with rinker guys about the issue... not moving very fast. there are 3 other black rinkers out my way and they have the same issue, we have spent over 5000$on waxing/wetsanding ect.... nothing yet. i then found a product from Hawaii called island girl ordered that used it did the same thing.

bought the boat brand new so i know what has been done to it, save your money on waxing. im now looking at stripping the boat and having it re-painted.  
  • NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    I don't know if its true, but what I heard from people with darker boats is you have to keep them waxed all the time.  Like every month or something along those lines.  Repainting it is expensive $$$$.  I would look into getting a vinyl wrap, about half the cost of painting from what I have heard.
    boat has always been waxed like that then 2 years ago it just turned and never came back.. looking at paint and a wrap as well. just don't know if the wrap will shine tho....,
    edited July 2016
    Have you seen the thread on here about polyglow? I've never been a fan of adding a coating like that but the results look good. If Aqua Buff doesnt do much for me then I may try the Polyglow process. At least that would be annual. Here is @DanD2 s info on Polyglow:
    https://rinkerboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/3437/poli-glow/p1