Options

How to put in function the drinking water system of my boat?

Dear friends

I am addressing you to ask for some troubleshooting advices:

1.       How to put in function the drinking water system of my boat? Even with the motor working, there is no water coming out of the faucet.

2.       We have an alcohol stove. Could you please furnish me up on whether the alcohol is to be poured directly on the burner or it supposed to have a sort of cartridge.

Thank you in advance for all your help and assistance.

With best regards, Kave

Answers

• Options
    Tex68Tex68 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    Kave you should have a switch on your electrical panel for your water pump this needs to be on in order to get the water to pump to your faucets. Make sure it is on and no fuses for it have popped.

For your alcohol stove in the center of the stove there is a metal cover over the area where the alcohol would be poured. There should be a dial on the left side of the stove which when rotated will remove the cover. 

Hope this helps. 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like @tex68 stated above, there is a switch, labeled "Galley Pump" on your boat. Some are at the helm, others are in the cabin. Flip that switch and you should hear the pump running and have water.

The alcohol that you use for the stove is denatured alcohol. You can find it at West Marine along with Home Depot and Lowes.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the galley pump "freshwater pump" switch does not make the pump work then either the switch or fuse is bad, there is a wiring problem or the pump is bad. First thing I would do if the switch doesnt make the pump function is briefly connect the pump directly to the battery (there will be a spark so make sure your blowers have been running) and see if the pump kicks on. If it doesnt then you need a new pump. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Make sure you put water in the holding tank or the pump will burn out or cause a fire. Be very careful with alcohol. Very flammable and not very forgiving.  
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com