2009 260 EC windows won't stay open

Do I take the white plugs out on each ends of the hinge to tighten? 

Comments

  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that should do it. Might be tough to get the plugs out.
    2008 330EC
  • maureenavillemaureenaville Member Posts: 3 ✭
    Thank you
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to gently use a utility knife to pry the plugs out. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes" (Sold)
    2022 Cherokee 294GEBG Black Label land yacht. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭
    Lazy man's solution.  A piece of 1/4 inch dowel cut to fit to use as a prop to hold the port lite up.
  • chuckrace6chuckrace6 Member Posts: 18 ✭
    Mine are doing the same thing. I tried to use utility knife but it seemed to damage the plug. Can these plugs be bought somewhere? Not to good of a design for something that you would have to remove. I didn't get the one out but didn't really "work" to long on it either. If I can buy new ones then I'll just remove and replace . 
  • IanIan Member Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn’t get mine out so I tapped the philips head screwdriver through the cap. Tightened good, they do work loose again at times.

    Regards,

    Ian

    The Third “B”

    Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

    https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

  • chuckrace6chuckrace6 Member Posts: 18 ✭
    That's a good idea ! Might do it.Thanks
Sign In or Register to comment.