No power when Shore Power disconnected on a new 280ec

I Have a new 2011 Rinker 280 that works well while on shore power, however when I go for a cruise nothing works.  Just wondering what I need to do or switch on?

Comments

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,556 mod
    What exactly does or does not work?  If it is 115VAC related, you will need to have the generator running when not plugged in.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• waterloggedwaterlogged Member Posts: 0
    I was under the belief I could still use my plugs and use my batteries but i'm now thinking that they only work on shore power or with a generator.
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your 110 volt plugs will only work if you are plugged into shore power or have a generator on. Same with microwave and air conditioner.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your fridge should still work on 12 volt
    2008 330EC
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the fridge will automatically switch to the 12V when 110V is off. Or at least it shoul.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey waterlogged. Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the best boating information site in the universe! When you bought your new boat didn't you get a sea trial and systems intoduction from the dealer? You should also have received a Rinker bag or binder with all of your system information in it. If I may suggest, you should read the information or better yet demand a mini seminar from your dealer before you start using your generator, shore power and 12 volt systems. There are a number of simple but necessary switching protocols between the different electrical systems that you must be aware of for your safety.
  • seguirseguir Member Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    I bought used, got the binder, but the binder doesn`t tell me much.  ``switching protocols"?         Anyone have a link.
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be safe for the 110VAC:
    Shut off all your ac breakers, then
    Always shut off the shore breakers before you plug in or unplug. You want to avoid unplugging while hot for safety reasons.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI