Options

Buying 2002 310 - damp carpet...issue?

I'm in the process of buying a 2002 310 Fiesta Vee.  When I was on the sea trial there was a wet patch on the carpet between the fridge and toilet.  The broker said it was just because the fridge was turned off and leaked onto the carpet.  The owners agreed that that was the issue.  The explanation seems logical but could it be anything else?  Anything serious?

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could very well be. Mine will leak there when defrosting if not careful with a towel. (342)

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shower drain, water supply to the head, the galley sink, leak from through hull railing, rub rail leaks, windows, AC supplies, through hull drains?

Can you get a construction camera into the area by the fridge to see if there is water on the flooring under the cabinet?

Do you have a removable garbage container in your galley counter? A fitting in the head for a compartment by the inside door in the sink cabinet that can be removed to allow access to see if there is water present and how long it may have been there - old stains?

• Options
    darryltbarnesdarryltbarnes Member Posts: 2
    Michael: Thanks for the thorough response.  It did look like it was stained before but it was limited to a 6x6in area. The boat hasn't been used recently.  I think the toilet was flushed once during the sea trial and so that could have initiated a reoccurrence.  I'm not very near the boat but the engine is being inspected this week.  I'm going to see if it can looked at then for indications of some of these other sources.  Thanks!

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    darryl, My frige does that also from time to time. But its easy to see damp carpet by frige only.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    I used to own a 2002 310 and will say yes, that area you are talking about can definitely be damp due to the defrosting from the fridge.  Actually, it's almost difficult to be from anything else.  Good luck!  the older 310 is a great boat!!  That 12'4" beam is great!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express