Options

Rinker 2008 320 EC - Where is the Holding Tank Vent Filter ?

sanstephsansteph Member Posts: 34 ✭✭

Given the smell we are pretty sure we need to replace our tank vent filter, however we only had this boat since last year...Would anyone be able to provide information on where the holding tank vent filter is?

Thanks

Marvel

Comments

• Options
    HamdogHamdog Member Posts: 247 ✭✭
    You don't have one unless the previous owner installed it. Search this site for "Big Orange Filter"  for info on a good after market product. That is what we installed. If you have one, it is between your toilet and your holding tank. On my 342, it is underneath the port side storage area directly across from the helm. Not exactly sure on a 320. Rinker just recently started installing these on their new boats. They use the Big Orange Filter.
    "Wetted" Bliss 2005 Rinker 342 - Black Hull - Twin Mercruiser 350 Mags - BIII's
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chances are it doesn't have a filter. Rinker started adding them the last few years. If you are looking to add one, Big Orange and the Sealand SaniGard filters are great choices.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    Just to be exact, it should be on the vent line from your holding tank.  It is a 5/8" line that goes from your holding tank to a small breather hole on the side of your boat.  As said, most boats don't have one unless installed aftermarket.  You can also make one yourself, which is what I have done.  There is a lot of topics on here that discuss it further.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    sanstephsansteph Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    Ok I will verify tomorrow. thanks for the information, very much appreciated.
    Marvel
  • Options
    frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Salut Stephane,
    Appelle- moi 613-797-0336
    Paul