Options

First "Drone" video (with music).. My 2014 Rinker 260 Cruising Lake St Clair

Mike_GMike_G Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭

Put some music to my first video made with my Phantom 3 Pro a few weeks ago.  Pardon the camera work.. first time filming something moving.  Also.. other than a few transitions, not much editing.  It was getting late and I just wanted to finish it so "meh".  Still cool though (at least to me..  ;) )  (Full screen.. and be sure to choose 1080p 60fps if you can)  Let me know what you think?

Right around 30mph for most of the video.  Also.. you can see how my boat planes out.  This is full water and pretty much full of fuel.  I count as probably two adults, and my friend for 1 1/2 so say 3 1/2 people on board.  ;)  -=Mike G.

https://youtu.be/ctDEUuPRUuc

2014 Rinker 260EC

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016

I LOVED it!!!!! AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME- LOVE the TUNES--we must have one for EACH Model!

I was going to do this for my 2013 EC 310 and 2914 EC 360 - I didn't, now I'm SAD!!!!!

MG...FIRST and KING of Rinker Videos!!!!

MIAMI VICE ....MG Style!

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice job Mike. Was that boat at full speed?
  • Options
    chamberbchamberb Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    Great work Mike, I think it came out great and the 260 looks beautiful in the water. Nice!!
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Great job Mike. Looks like a factory video. All that is missing are the models.
    Post edited by Serenity on
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,464 admin
    Awesome video! Water and boat look great. Nice job. @ Handy of course it was not at top speed it has gas engines not Diesels..........LOL
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Really AL Really?  LOL
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool! 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike, good driving skills, next time fly by nude beach
    Boat Name : 

• Options

Thanks everyone!!  You guys are so nice.  B)

Hey Handy... was that a "slow boat" dig coming from a diesel guy??? lol j/k  We were at ~4000RPM which is just ~30mph GPS for the filming.  It tops out around 42mph +/- a mph or two depending on load and wind.  That would be at ~5200RPM!!  I think your diesels would explode at that RPM.  :p

There was 15mph head wind and the drone couldn't keep up if I went much faster.  I wanted to get some top speed video... I should have when we turned south going with the wind but I didn't think about it.

As for Randy... I'll "cruise" by Jobbie Nooner and catch some good "scenery" next month.  Not sure if I could put it on this "family friendy" forum though..  ;)  -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. I wouldn't be surprised if Rinker asks for some of that footage for marketing material. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    edited August 2016

I'd be happy to make footage of all of their boats!  I would need a "long term demo" 370 though...  That's a big boat and it might take a while to get all of the footage for that one. ;) -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    You need a diesel footage but I dont think the drone could keep up. 
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    @Mike_G is that St Claire and the entrance of Anchor Bay?
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,573 mod
    Very cool!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    edited August 2016

@Handymans342 Oh Darn and Shucks... no diesel footage then.  ;)  Drone will do almost 45mph.. shouldn't be a problem unless it get's the diesel smoke screen. :o (ok.. I don't think I've been here long enough to hassle Handy any more.. lol)

@jme097 Yes sir... that's it.  St. Clair, entering Anchor bay going up into the bay (near Island Grill/Mayea marina) and turned and heading south just past Grassy Island.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Michael T said:

I LOVED it!!!!! AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME- LOVE the TUNES--we must have one for EACH Model!

I was going to do this for my 2013 EC 310 and 2914 EC 360 - I didn't, now I'm SAD!!!!!

MG...FIRST and KING of Rinker Videos!!!!

MIAMI VICE ....MG Style!

SWEEET!!!!  Hey.. I just realized it was you!  Couldn't stay away from us all.. aye??  Glad you stayed!  I don't visit as often as I should... I'm going to try to be on here more.  My "Internetting" really suffers in the summer time.

OH.. and btw.. MIAMI VICE..  BEST SHOW EVER!!!  Honored to be mentioned in the same sentence as that show.  B) -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options

Mike_G ....I drop-in from time to time.

I was up late last night after a day of chemo and saw your post - it was an HONOR to be the first guy on the forum to see it and comment.....Couldn't resist your video.

A while back, on this forum,  I challenged all the Rinker guys to post a video of their boats to shame the sea ray guys who made one in 2013? of a trip to Put-In-Bay!

YOU did it!!!!

BTW just received the complete set of Miami Vice dvds from Amazon!

I repeat AWESOME MIKE

• Options
    Thank you sir!!  OMG... I have had the DVD set for a few years now.  I have the one that comes in the white alligator skin box with the teal felt inside.  SO SWEET!!!  -=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    Mike_G said:
    Thank you sir!!  OMG... I have had the DVD set for a few years now.  I have the one that comes in the white alligator skin box with the teal felt inside.  SO SWEET!!!  -=Mike G.
    LoL! That's funny! I think that DVD box deserves a pic taken and posted for all of us to see....
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    .....a thing of beauty!
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    @Mike_G I knew I recognized it LOL
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    Mike_G said:
    LoL! That's funny! I think that DVD box deserves a pic taken and posted for all of us to see....
    Ask and you shall receive:

-=Mike G.

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    Oh Yeah! BIG DOGS win!
  • Options
    LoL, that's great! I'm suprised it's not a set of VHS tapes,LoL! The storage box would've been huge if it was!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MikeG Handy can take it.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    edited August 2016
    aero3113 said:
    LoL, that's great! I'm suprised it's not a set of VHS tapes,LoL! The storage box would've been huge if it was!
    I used to have the Miami Vice movie "The Prodigal Son" on Beta Hi-Fi!  They turned the movie into the 1st and 2nd episodes of the 2nd season.  I had to throw out the Beta just a couple years ago.  It and all of my tapes were a victim of "the great flood of August 2014" in the Northern Detroit Metro area.  :( 

2014 Rinker 260EC

• Options
    jmichelsjmichels Member Posts: 311 ✭✭
    very cool. nice job.