Options

New Marine Remote Wiring

Smokedog192Smokedog192 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
Hello All, New Member, just purchased a 2002 FV 270. Recently bought a Kenwood KMRD365BT to replace the original Kenwood w/ Tape Deck. I was hoping it would just be plug and play with the marine remotes but it wasn't. Im looking at the Kenwood KCA-RC55MR for the helm remote. My question is has anyone had to run the wiring from the helm to the radio. If so how did you run the wiring behind the head. Any tips. Thanks 

Comments

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Smokedog192 - I have the same exact boat and replaced my stereo with the same model as you except it wasn't the marine version this past Spring.  I was able to wire up the existing Kenwood remotes no problem.  The old Kenwood had the remote wire going directly into the radio chassis...there wasn't a plug of any kind.  I cut that wire and matched it up with the wiring harness of the new radio.  Works perfectly.  Sorry to hear your's isn't working the same way...weird.

How did you connect up the remotes?
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Smokedog192Smokedog192 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    @skennelly - I havent purchased the new remotes yet, was hoping i could hold off till next season. Im gonna remove the tv compartment this week and see if i can find the wire for the remote and hopefully its just a wire thats not connected. I love having a boat, i just hate that everything i want to do to it is so **** complicated...and expensive. 
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Smokedog192 - I'm wondering why you even need to remove the tv compartment.   On mine all the wiring is sitting on top of the tv compartment along with the amp ect...The wire should easy be found there just trace it from the old radio through the old wiring harness. Pretty sure on mine it was blue.

Did you already try hooking up the old remote wire and it doesn't work?  Or can you not locate the wire at all?
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3