Options

270 access to bow through windshield

skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
People with a 270...how do you climb up the built in steps to gain access to the bow?  I find myself using the window frame as support and I'm worried that's not such a great idea.  I remind guests to do the same.

Thoughts / tips?
2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3

Comments

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skennelly, I'm the only one that goes up on top, but I do use windsheild for balance. and when coming down the bimini. but just for balance.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do the same thing that @randy56 does, windshield for balance going up, bimini on the way down.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Thanks that's basically what I do now.

I kind of wish the steps were more center to the window opening...or even built into the cabin door.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    LobodemarLobodemar Member Posts: 124 ✭✭
    Same here windsheild  going up bimini  coming down
  • Options
    MDboaterMDboater Member Posts: 298 ✭✭✭
    I use the steps more like a ladder and go up and down facing forward.  So I use the windshield for balance both ways.  A better design would have been to beef up the starboard windshield support and integrate a grab rail with it.  
  • Options
    @MDboater - Yes I agree....I don't think the windshield has enough support to be used as a handle...even if it's just for balance.  I cringe when I have friends go up there and I see them grabbing the windshield I know they are using it for leverage....I politely remind them not to do that. :)
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    lionelzlionelz Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    I use like most other people, I also when going up and down tend to put one foot on the seat on the port side as well, My wife when she goes up slides down the door which has to be closed, (luckily she is slender unlike myself :D )
  • Options
    jmichelsjmichels Member Posts: 311 ✭✭
    i do same as all above however on way down i turn and face the starboard side as I come down actually makes it easier to come down.