Options

Chart plotter, radar and weather overlay on my 310

gtyeegtyee Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
Just finished installing a Garmin 7610xsv, XHD18 radar dome, GXM52 zm weather antenna and Standard horizon GX1300 radio in my 310. The chartplotter and radar are unbelievable. Real crisp colors and weather overlay is nice try to have. Replaced radio instead of sending it back to SH to clear mmsi number. I can see a suck fart from a mile out! Buffed and waxed the whole helm and it looks new. Before and after pics.

Comments

• Options
    I meant duck fart!!
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016

@gtyee...well I'm using "suck" fart from now on, why? ......because it just sounds so cool!

Love to see how great my former EC 310 looks.

Geez, even the hard top looks clean! I used to have one of the light weight girls at the marina go up on it and wash and wax it every year!

Beautiful Garmin set-up. Hope you get out to use it!

Looks like it's shimmed slightly forward.

*****Remember don't have your girls up on the front deck when it's running! However - DO send their boyfriends up there for a while with a beer, while it's running fully warmed-up.... sterilize the buggers!

P.S. Bet you're glad to have that Axius with that cement wall nearby!

• Options
    Tex68Tex68 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    Hey gtyee I have the same boat 2012 with hardtop and axius too. I'm looking to replace my standard horizon chart plotting with a similar if not the exact same set up as yours. I take it is 100% compatible with Axius and auto waypoint tracking. Did you get it as a bundle and if so where? Did you do the install of have some one do it? It's really sharp looking and I'd love the same thing on mine. 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    @Tex68 and @gtyee....remember guys - with your Axius - keep magnetic items away from the Axius GPS sending puck (I'm not talking about the one on the roof) some of which were installed under the front helm seat. It'll throw the Axius off! 
  • Options
    Tex68 , fully compatible with axius, I installed by pulling fridge out and running cables to roof and forward to helm. The hardtop is 1/2 inch thick aluminum where I installed the radar unit!!  I used a 4 degree wedge that worked out good all from seaview.  Used 3m 5200 sealant and anti seize on all hardware. Cutting the dash sucked, used a jig saw and Fein tool and sanded edges smooth, countersunk all holes.MT, that roof is solid as heck. I called Rinker when detailing it in May about standing on the roof and said no problem. Now I see why. Also getting pretty good with the sticks only for parking (Axius on a windy day). Doing a night run to Hammond on Wednesday with my instructor. Boat is great