Options

ValvTect

youstolemybeeryoustolemybeer Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
If I only use ValvTect  gasoline, do I need to put Stabil in my gas tank at the end of the season?

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Goods28Goods28 Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    i think it depends on how old the gas is in your tank. ValvTect is good for one year

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use fuel medic with every fill up of valv tect ad the fuel dock 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the same gas. I always put in a fuel stabilizer, every fill up. Personally I use PRI-G, but there are plenty of good ones to use. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking you had a 270 and trailered it? Access to non ethanol gas?? I don't put anything in mine as we boat all year and don't really worry about it and since I do trailer, I'm paying a buck 80 for gas right now...well, at least as soon as I can get it back in the water...
  • Options
    youstolemybeeryoustolemybeer Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
    Im in a slip on the mississippi and there is no way in heck I would trailer that thing, A 265 is just a little too big for my jeep to pull.
    After some research I found that Valvtech is actually an additive that is added to the marinas tanks by the marina employee. SOO with that being said, I think I will be adding stabil at the end of the year. I trust the employees at the marinas around here about as far as I can spit a dead rat.
    Thanks for the replies
  • Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Im in a slip on the mississippi and there is no way in heck I would trailer that thing, A 265 is just a little too big for my jeep to pull.
    After some research I found that Valvtech is actually an additive that is added to the marinas tanks by the marina employee. SOO with that being said, I think I will be adding stabil at the end of the year. I trust the employees at the marinas around here about as far as I can spit a dead rat.
    Thanks for the replies
    I think the U.S.A just got a Gold and Bronze Medal in "Dead Rat Spitting" 
    Russia was favored to win but was disqualified for pumping their rats with H.G.H. ! HAHA 

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with @Black_Diamond , I put stabilizer in every time I put gas in my boat. At the end of the season, I put a bottle in the drive the boat around to get it thru the system. Might be overkill, but better safe than sorry.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    I started the beginning of last year putting Startron in with each fill-up as well.  I double it for winter.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express