Options

Has anyone used the Taylor Made SS fender racks?

Was gonna pull the trigger on a couple of these, but see a few reviews saying they only fit real small rails?
2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016

The big danger is that the oem bracket attachment kit can have the holes for the attachment brackets too close together. Sure they can be bent to fit around the rails and I have seen that done BUT doing that caused the bolts to cut through (scrape) the SS coating off leaving brass underneath exposed.

I believe the racks can be ordered with bigger brackets for larger diameter rails. Like from: (Hutchings, Land and Sea) 

I really like the look and strength of the HD holders (they were installed by the dealer for me on my EC 310)..... although the thinner ones work well too.

*****Remember to order racks that have a big enough internal diameter. I have always installed my fender holders on a slight slant. This reduces the inside diameter a bit, so I went with a slightly bigger size. I actually took my fenders into a boat chandlery and tried them in several manufacturers and several types of each manufacturer.

• Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Michael! I'm going to talk to the local place and see if I can return them if they don't fit well. 
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a 1" rail and they fit fine. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Good.....And they agreed to take them back if they don't fit
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where'd you buy from? I'd be in for a few.. 
  • Options

Marine Outfitters in Kingston

• Options
    They fit perfect if anyone is interested. I don't think they are worth what they charge but seem to the best there is.