Options

2005 Rinker 360 - AC not working on Shore Power; but works on generator power.

I reviewed a similar thread from July 2015 regarding a 2000 340 with the same problem.  However, the wiring and schematics on a 360 differ enough from the 340.   Getting power at the dock.  AC and all other systems work fine on generator, so I suspect the issue lies between the port side AC outlet and the AC panel. Wondering if anyone has solved this problem with a detailed solution.

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One problem was the wire on the back of the power outlet. Loose
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it working before? Are you showing AC on the DSR Panel in the cabin? Is the switch for "Shore Choice" in the correct position?
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    howardramshowardrams Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    The only time my shore power went out was due to the breaker/switch/leakage protector going bad for no apparent reason.

• Options
    jameswilliamsusmcjameswilliamsusmc Member Posts: 9
    Handyman342:  I will check wire on the back of the outlet this afternoon.  Cableguy, Yes it was working earlier in the day.  I have ensure Shore choice is in the correct position. 
  • Options
    HamdogHamdog Member Posts: 247 ✭✭
    My bet is the wiring on the back of the shore power inlet. I had to tighten mine last year.
    "Wetted" Bliss 2005 Rinker 342 - Black Hull - Twin Mercruiser 350 Mags - BIII's
  • Options
    UPDATE: Starboard ac shore power works perfectly. Down to a chilly 68 degrees. Port side common white is the problem. Tested dock at 120v  Back of port Ac outlet at 120 v. White common was loose. Evidence of scoring from loose screw. Back of main panel port side 0 v. Read a thread about an inexplicable inline fuse somewhere between the outlet and the panel. Will investigate this weekend.  Thank you all for your great feedback.
  • Options
    Howardrms.  Where is this breaker/switch/leaker protestor. I don't see it on my 2005 360 EC
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly what happened to my friend's cruiser.

When I received my brand new EC 360 the Starboard side shorepower was flashing reverse polarity at the panel. I pulled the inlet and looked at the wiring connections ALL were loose. We tightened them up and all was good.

Then I thought I had better look at the Port side (which was working fine) but the white was somewhat loose on it too.

IMO always check the fuses first then the wiring contacts.

IMO it is a good idea to check the wiring contacts of the Shorepower every two years.

BTW Shorepower is a great product but their black rubber gaskets do deteriorate ( father time and UVA/UVB as culprits) then they can allow water to leak into the wiring, into the side hull coring and down along the walls and interior raceways into the cabin.