Options

2005 Rinker 360 FV EC - Air Conditioner Not Working on Shore Power, but works on generator.

I reviewed a similar thread from July 2015 regarding a 2000 340 with the same problem.  However, the wiring and schematics on a 360 differ enough from the 340.   Getting power at the dock.  AC and all other systems work fine on generator, so I suspect the issue lies between the port side AC outlet and the AC panel. Wondering if anyone has solved this problem with a detailed solution.

Answers

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    In the cockpit, you should have a safety shutoff with two switches that control the port power inlets.  Maybe one of those switches has failed.  

At the main panel, when on shore power, are both of the green power indicator lights on?  

Does the AC work when you plug into the starboard side power inlets?
  • Options
    jameswilliamsusmcjameswilliamsusmc Member Posts: 9

Thank you for your response.  For more detail:

1.  Yes the AC unit and all other systems work when generator is on.

2.  When on shore power, The "Main" light is green, the "AC" light is off.

3.  La Rae references "two safety switches that control the port power inlets"  in the cockpit.  Did not see these and will investigate this afternoon.

4.  I am using the port outlets.  will test starboard outlets this afternoon.  If AC works then, it narrows it down to the port outlets to the breaker.

5.  Another user suggested that the common on the AC panel could be bad.  Will test voltage from the panel (Major PIA).

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The AC did not work on the Starboard outlet of my friend's Rinker. A wire had come off the hull connector.