Options

Additional Bimini top for rear of 270 ?

randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
I would like to have a rear bimini top. Has anyone ever had one made or recommend where to purchase? Its hot and shade is your friend. 
Boat Name : 

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a complete package for my 270......love it and had it made locally.
  • Options
    MDboaterMDboater Member Posts: 298 ✭✭✭
    @randy56   I'm interested to hear what you find out as I have thought about extending my bimini if I don't sell the boat.  Many days we are baking in the sun on the back seat.  My only reservation is that we typically board from the starboard side and the rear bimini support may get in the way.  Do you have a radar arch and if so, does the bimini attach to it?

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tniggel's 270 came with an extended bimini/camper enclosure. It makes the 270 really nice on a hot day or if you get caught in the rain.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    MD, I have the arch but Bimini does not attach to it. My front top looks just like yours. Except my lite is on arch. I do not have anyone local can make one. I'm e-mailing a company in Ohio. back and forth. let you know next week. Building a mock-up prototype this weekend. I'm thinking of making it 7ft 6 inches, that will extend out over the swim platform somewhat.  ya why not.
    By the way you want another one of those round tables. We don't use it or like it. going to buy square one.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Do you plan to add a camper enclosure (such as, clear vinyl side panels)?  If so, it might be difficult with the top overhanging the swim platform.  Also, any risk of a sail effect from wind getting under it while underway?  Otherwise it sounds like a good idea for added shade as the sun gets lower in the sky.  

I sent you a PM regarding the top and the table.  Thank you for the offer but i'll pass!
  • Options
    Check with @boattech01 to see if he can get the back top. It was an option on the boat, so someone has to have it. I will post pics tomorrow of @tniggel's tops folded up so you can see how they are attached. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    SeazopSeazop Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    Had my made local last year and love it. As you can see the back rolls up along with the sides. Any canvas shop should be able to make you one.
  • Options
    Seazop, looks nice, In my area canvas shop's are very rare. I will have to go outside my area. There are none that can make framework. Does the two bimini"s connect together?
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    @randy56, yes the two zip together. Have you contacted TJ ( @boattech01 ) to see if he has one? You could also try RNR Marine online. They have a bunch of extended tops available. Here is a photo of @tniggel's top folded up. 

Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Thanks cable, sent @boattech01 PM.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Huh didn't know this was an option, thought they all had them. This is what a stock OE one looks like, and as said everything zips together. No issue running at 30mph tops on.TJ should be able to get you fixed up.....That one in pic is all new(fabric and windows) this year from TJ and WAY cheaper than anywhere else.
    1.jpg 3.8M
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Options
    Belleville thanks I'm likein all the pictures of Rinkers in different area's. He probably will reply on Monday. Rainy week end in midwest. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only think I don't get about mail order is how the snaps will line up? Pictures of mine above he used the snaps that were there. I also got a mooring cover from someone off this forum and while some of the snaps lined up, I had to add some. Was concerned it would look like "braces" going down the side but did  not have to add to many....love mine but have only used it once before I ran into other problems. Will be nice this winter to close it in for going down the rivers! My back sections zip out, but, they are screened also. A lot of them the entry way rolls up- mine goes to the side and there are snaps on the pole to hold it open, a good idea there I think.
  • Options
    Does anyone have another way to contact TJ @boattech01, phone number or
    e-mail?  Whats the name of the company he works for or owns?
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

502 299 7423

2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Options
    Got it, that area code is not far from me. thanks
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    @MDboater, I have my rear Bimini ordered through TJ your price will be more than mine due to shipping. He is located in Louisville KY, which is only a 2 hour drive for me. So I will pick it up. call him for quote. 502-299-7423. I did not purchase the whole camper canvas, just top, frame, fitting's to install and boot.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    @randy56, Glad you found something!  Thank you for letting me know!