Options

212 Captiva Bimini?

HD2PctHD2Pct Member Posts: 13
Hi Gang-

I'd like to get some basic convertible top for the low-key outings. I'd like something easily removable for the times when all the bracketry would get in the way. Every boat has its own unique layout and seating arrangement that can create a challenge, so I am particularly interested in solutions employed by owners of similar vessels.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have a complete bimini for an 05 212 captiva collecting dust.. 

this is it on the boat:

this is what I have now:

the top one is easily removed in it's entireity, while the bottom one is fixed... the top one is the one I have available.. it flips back and has a cover.... 

where are you? 
  • Options
    I'm in NE IL. I'd definitely be interested if it were feasible. Mine's a 1996 but looks like same boat.
  • Options
    I pass through there around Christmas every year... let me know... it's in great shape, and I can likely be coerced into removing the hinge pins from my rig (attached through the fiberglass in the top rail on either side, parallel to the rear seat.)... 
  • Options
    Yeah I am interested, It would be great to know what attachment points I need to add.
  • Options
    four screws through your gel coat an through the fiberglass... the front has two eye hooks on either side of the boat just forward of the windshield and close to the edge, almost where it starts to roll... the back ones are little stainless furniture w/ locking pins (little cables attached) that attach parallel to the front of the rear seat almost where the rails melt into the sides (near where it rounds ).....  it's easy to do... after you've socked back several shots of pappy, (to brace yourself for drilling into your boat) it'll take you literally ten minutes.  

i'll get you some pictures when I get a chance where mine are currently...