Options

Replacing carpet flooring in 2004 342

Has anyone had any experience with replacing the  flooring  in the cabin  with something other than carpet

Comments

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭✭✭
    we have a teak&holly floor in our 342 and love it. Would recommend either real wood or vinyl teak&holly 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    bottomlinebottomline Member Posts: 19
     That's exactly what we would like to have  but installing after the fact could be a  big job given the floor contours. Apparently there is a vinyl flexible plank that snaps together ,I can't seem to find it though .
     Thanks

Peter 
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bottom, Lowes has a nice vinyl product snap together. water proof, 3/16 thick, I use it in my houses, bathroom's , and kitchens.  Thats the direction, I'ts going winter project. Hoping contour's are not to drastic. But you can use a heat gun on this stuff.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    bottom

A few folks on here have replaced their carpets with varied products......do a search, you'll see some awesome work.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    captpaulcaptpaul Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    replaced carpet with plasdeck synthetic teak in cockpit and swim platform. maint free and will outlat the boat. will never have carpet again.
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanD2 said:
    bottom

A few folks on here have replaced their carpets with varied products......do a search, you'll see some awesome work.
    how do you search on this board? the regular search button doesn't seem too accurate. 
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up at the top, there is a search box, Under where it says Owners Club Forum. type in something such as trim tabs. It will bring up previous discussions. 
    Boat Name :