Options

VP 380 with captains call

bwgoodwinbwgoodwin Member Posts: 11
Does anyone have the new VP 380 6.0L with through hull exhaust?
If so, can you post a video of it on the water?

I am interested to hear how it sounds with the captains call exhaust since it is a small block, I imagine it is not as rumbly as the 496's are....  but would like to add it to my boat if it sounds good
276 BR VP 6.0 380HP Duoprop

Comments

• Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Cant help you out, but I'm curious what your cruise, top speed, and fuel mileage is likee in your boat. I have a 276 as well with the more standard 350 Mag
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    It will sound AMAZING!!!!! I put my first switchable exhaust on a 350 Magnum decades ago. Loud with a deep bark when open but quite quiet - as in no tickets from LEOS - when on quiet mode. That model was  Corsa Quick and Quiet. You do have to be careful when useing any switchable exhaust that uses electric solenoids as they run on high amperages and will deplete your battery fast of left on when the boat is not in use. I mounted a helm light to remind me. I don't know if they are still making switchable exhausts whose solenoids are air activated but I don't like them as much as electrics. For pure fun I loved the swircables. I had them on four Rinker's. Two were on 350s and two were on 502s and ALL sounded great!!!!! IMO ....go got it!
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    @bwgoodwin I have corsa quick and quiet on a 350 mag. Only use it on occasion but it does produce a nice rumble at idol as well as a consistent low tone at cruising. Had the neighbors say "your boat is sounding good" when switched on. If my boat didn't have it when I bought it I don't think I would spend the $$$ to have it installed. It is good to engage but for me only for short periods of time as the drone gets to me after a while....must be that 55 years old thing. Kinda play my music low these days as well
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the same boat, but still love the music through the pipes.
  • Options
    bwgoodwinbwgoodwin Member Posts: 11
    JoeStang said:
    Cant help you out, but I'm curious what your cruise, top speed, and fuel mileage is likee in your boat. I have a 276 as well with the more standard 350 Mag
    It breaks the gold standard of top speed above 50, 51.2 on the gps. Fuel mileage really depends on how much I stay on the throttle. I cruise about 25 - 35 mostly. Pulls wakeboard and slaloms out of the water without strain. I'm real impressed by the motor and so is everyone that gets on board and pulls a skier/wakeboarder behind. 

Also with these new 6.0's having cats, I'm worried it won't be as raspy...

276 BR VP 6.0 380HP Duoprop