Dash Gelcoat color

Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what color this may be? Is it: Console dark tan? Pewter? Spectrum chart is not specifying for my 03.  

Comments

  • frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
    Handy ,
    Hard to say no computer will show the exact same color, you could probably not buy the exact same color it would need to be match by somebody that knows how. (I could but I lived to far LOL) Do you need just to do a repair or a complete repainted. Find somebody with good experience in gelcoat and he should be able to match the color pretty close.
    Paul
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $45 a quart is not cheap. 
    I am doing a custom dash mod to fit the "big screen" of my new Ray Marine stuff. 
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,616 admin
    Hey Handy what are those to red plastic knobs?
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats how I turn off the powerful diesels. 
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call spectrum direct. They have the colours for all Rinker models. The helm is a crap shoot. 

    Boat Name: King Kong

    "Boat + Water = Fun"

  • diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭✭
    I used Spectrum bone color patch paste for my 2002 FV270... http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Parts-Accessories/dm/cart_id.269934754--keywords.Rinker%20bone%20gel--searched.1--session_id.949528588&q=Rinker%20bone%20gel

    had to patch a 1.5" hole directly below the left side of the Chartplotter... Had I taken more time, it would've come out better. Here's a picture: 
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats darker
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a fiberglass guy doing the work. Al, you are right the quart is 95$$ plus shipping. I dont need much so he is going to match it. 
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Steve, I've seen that helm colour before when the boys were babies....it's called baby diarrhoea brown - must have been a special order through the Rinker factory; ...just kidding.
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael spare me your blithering. I now have a totally different opinion of you
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    OK Steve, fun's over, let's get serious. 1. AL gave you a great answer. 2.  Here's mine...for all the time you have spent on this, for goodness sake, pick up thone and call a gel coat guy. For $100 they' ll come and spray your mod. Geez you spent, what, 30K on your dock? You're always telling people not to be cheap....take your own advice snd pull the trigger on this... because you're starting to blather....lol!
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a fiberglass guy doing the work. Al, you are right the quart is 95$$ plus shipping. I dont need much so he is going to match it. 
    Cant you read MT?
Sign In or Register to comment.