Options

Running new Radio remote wire, need suggestions.

stevev28stevev28 Member Posts: 23 ✭✭

I'm installing a new kenwood wired remote to my head unit on my 99 Fiesta Vee 270. Question is how is the orginal wire run from the console to the radio in the cabin? Do they go into the wall and down through the central bilge area (where the sea **** and AC are)? My first thought was to connect the new wire to the old one with wire ties and pull the new one through. But I think when it was installed it was wire tied to other wires. So that prob won t work.

I'm looking  for suggestions? Whats the best way to get the new wire from the helm controls to the radio in the cabin. I purchased the long cable 3 meters long.

Comments

• Options
    amajamaramajamar Member Posts: 57 ✭✭

I have a 2004 250 and if your radio is in a cabinet in front of the head on the starboard side as it is in the 250, you might try removing the upper part of the cabinet, (slide to the side if possible) and use a straight piece of electrical snake to pass behind the finish wall in the head to the area next to the dash console.

I ran wire for a hailer horn that way, and will be running my new wired remote the same way.

Although I can't vouch for the cabin layout on the 270...

• Options
    WeberWeber Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    I think you can use the original wire? If it has the different size jack, there's an adapter.
    Sin or Swim - Rinker 312
  • Options

Any idea what its called or where to find it. that would be awesome if I could find it.

• Options

the 270 has the radio above the microwave on the port side cabin. So you can see my difficulty getting all the way to the other side. I messed with it for two hours the other day with no luck.

• Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    edited May 2013
     Mine is a 99 also it has the garbage can behind the wrap around seat plenty of access that's where all the speaker wires are. but I know they changed the cockpit around later on. That's where I store my swim noodles

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    Mine is a 99 also. I was trying to find a more direct route. if I have to go all the way back to the area under the trash can and back up the other side, I may have to buy a second extension cable. the longest the offer is 3 meters. May be my last resort.
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    edited May 2013
    I wonder if you could snake it down the back to the port under the mattress then back up where the AC sits if you remove the box that the cooler sits in it gives you a lot of access. Also pull out the breaker box you can see a lot there to. You can also pull the storage box beside the helm seat. I'm still thinking. This is my second edit may be more to come. ;)

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn