Options

Template for SeaDek or any other flooring you may want for 310 EC

Tex68Tex68 Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
Well I took the plunge and ordered SeaDek for my swimplatform and cockpit area including the steps up through the window and the outer ledges near the stern of the boat on the outside of the cockpit. I am not sure if I can just post the final CAD drawings on here but I paid for them so I think I should be able to. If anyone knows for sure please let me know and if so I'll post it up. That way anyone with a 310 EC can save themselves some $$ as well as time and effort and use what I post. Messge me if you would like a copy. The best part about this is I had the SeaDek rep come out, do the measurements himself, had the CAD drawing in a week after the measurement (that was Wednesday of this week). After reviewing it gave him the go ahead the same day and I get the call today that it's done and they are doing the install on Monday. From start to finish it will have taken less than 3 weeks!! I willing sure to post pics when it's done. 

Here is their contact info if interested...

Contemporary Marine Flooring

509-995-6239

scott@contemporarymarine.com

www.contemporarymarine.com

These guys service the Pacific Northwest as well as the Southwest of British Columbia. Canada Aye!!

Post edited by Tex68 on

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    Can't wait to see the before and after pictures!  Must be exciting!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tex68, yes will like to see end result, Anyone have cockpit drawings of 270?
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Got the SeaDek installed today so as promised before and after pics. 
  • Options
    Very nice! did you install yourself? what did you fill screw hole's with where snaps were? do you have any tips on installing?
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    @randy56 I removed snaps and filled the holes with an marine epoxy that I purchased at Ace for like $6.99. Super easy to do. Applied it and went back in a few hours after it hardened and lightly sanded it down to where it was level with the deck. When I paid for the SeaDek the install was included, which I believe was about $150. The prepped the deck with an acetone and then applied the decking. Took them a little over 2 hours from start to finish. I figured for $150 it was worth them cleaning and laying the SeaDek.
  • Options
    It's impressive, hope its not hard to keep clean. I take it you trailer your 310.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Yes we trailer it. Luckily my 2013 F250 w/ the 6.7L has no problem pulling her. I bought the boat down in Newport Beach Ca and hauled it all the way back to Oregon, over the Grape Vine and Siskyou mountains in  100° weather and my truck didn't miss a beat. Here is a pic of my truck
  • Options
    DazeOffDazeOff Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    Nice job. BTW, that is a bad a## truck.
  • Options
    @DazeOff thanks bud my 2012 310 EC & my 2013 F250 definitely turn some heads when I'm headed to the water. 
  • Options
    So the folks who did this also suggested to do the bow area around the sunpad. I'm wondering has anyone else out there done this? Trying to determine if it would look odd. Thoughts, comments and suggestions are appreciated. 
  • Options
    Haven't seen anyone do that but in my opinion, it looks great on the decks of fishing boats but not cruisers.
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it might look good. Maybe you can photoshop it on a pic you have to see how it will look?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    @aero3113 that's a good idea I'll see if can do that. 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you seen Kim Slocum's comments on the new decking product product Rinker is using?
  • Options
    @Michael T did he mention it in the video of his walk through?
  • Options
    It's called marine mat. I saw them at a local show. Very similar to seadek but they have a version with a thicker backing and snaps. Great option if you want to replace the cockpit carpet but don't want to glue down.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @Tex68, I think that's where I heard it.....think he said they were using a newer material that was softer and cooler in the sun than their former product. I think there was a Rinker logo on the swim platform!
    Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats a nice Truck Tex, hope you are a Cowboys fan too! By the way, where is your Trump bumper? LOL
  • Options
    I know you can get this in different thicknesses and of course numerous colors, and I have seen that in the helm area especially a much thicker pad for those that stand most of the time when they drive. I like that it is down for the duration as it is super easy to clean. The folks that did the install have it on the gunnels of their boat as they are constantly leaning agains them and take a toll on the legs and knees. They've had it for 4 or 5 years and say it's still like new. All the fish guts and blood rinse out and it doesn't retain the smell either. This stuff is bullet proof!! With all that said I want to give a shout out to the folks that I worked with on this..

Contemporary Marine Flooring

509-995-6239

scott@contemporarymarine.com

www.contemporarymarine.com

These guys service the Pacific Northwest as well as the Southwest of British Columbia. Canada Aye!!

Look these guys up you'll be glad you did.

• Options
    NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    That is sure nice!!!  Can't wait to do it on mine, but I have already dumped several boat bucks this year...
  • Options
    @Tex68. I was away and your pictures didn't load so seeing them for the first time today....AWESOME. The Rinker EC 310 is one of my all time favourite cruisers and your decking just kicks it right up there! Plus any spatters from your cockpit grill will be a joke to clean if they get on the cockpit floor. Two thumbs-up!
  • Options
    @Michael T thank you sir! We love it. Here is another awesome picture when we were up at Coeur D'alene lake in ID over Labor Day 
  • Options
    Fantastic boat...brings back great memories! beautiful mods....clean and classy!
  • Options
    gtyeegtyee Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    @Tex68 , looking to do Sea deck on my 2013 310 (@Michael T old boat) and wondering if you still have the templates for your install. Your boat looks great. how is it holding up? 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am just speechless and in awe- don't know what else I could add. I will ask the question on everyone's mind that has not been asked. I suppose it is one of those things if you have to ask you can't afford it- $$$$? As a Ford salesperson, like the truck as well! I would have thought all the lifting would have some effect on the ability to pull- not saying that it would not but thought the higher that frame is above the suspension would put some odd forces as play? Great looking truck, the new 2017 trucks are incredible.
  • Options
    wm61356wm61356 Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭

Tex68 - Beautiful job on the flooring! I have a similar product on the cockpit floor and swim platform of my 2009 320. It was factory installed, so it has seen 8 summers of use and it still looks new! If I had carpet I would be replacing it by now.  The only drawback I've experienced is minor and that is that the floor does get hot after a long exposure to direct sun.

I really like the way it looks in the cockpit, not so sure about the way it would look on the Bow deck. I wouldn't install it there without seeing it on another boat first.

Regardless, your boat looks great...cool truck too.

• Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    @Tex68 the Seadek looks amazing!  I will be adding an aftermarket extended swim platform to my boat this winter, and I will be inquiring on matching up the seadek to something non OEM.  

@rasbury my truck is similar in size to Tex's.  My Ford diesel has a 7" lift, riding on 37" tires, and I do a ton of towing with it.  The main thing you have to address, to tow normally, is the gearing.  I swapped to 4.30 gears instead of the factory 3.73's and that made a world of difference!  When towing my RV, I use a equalizer hitch, and anti sway setup.  On a boat, the biggest concern would be sag, which you could easily cure with airbags.  My 232 Rinker doesn't have a very heavy tounge weight, so I just hook up and go!  B)
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tow my 270 with a 4x2 F150 with no  issues- I would think the lift would "work" against the suspension....to exaggerate, if the body is 5' higher than the suspension, when you pull and stop I would think everything would move back and forth over that suspension- the higher the worse it would be...guess not! That seadeck is sweet!
  • Options
    califcocalifco Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    I do not remember where I got the name of this company but it supposed to be similar to SeaDeck, 6mm thick, I got a quote for $105 material 90 shipping 12 handeling charge  to do my 312 swimming platform. I did not order because I'm still not sure, SeaDeck is about 600 dollars more. see attached quote and an example pic that came with the quote the company name is Melors EVA