Options

What is best prop for 232 captive. 2004

I have just bought 232 captive with cuddly. The issue is that current prop 14-5. 19p with 5ltr mpi does not get boat out of the whole when 4adults on board unless they move forward. Doesn't seem right. Prop on boat now was not original.  Any suggestions please.

Answers

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I take it that you have the Alpha One drive. My old 232cc with a 5.7L/Alpha One combo had a 3 blade 19p aluminum prop. I never had any major performance issues. I am not sure what pitch you would need on a 5 blade prop. There is a lot of bite with a 5 blade.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    five blades play by a whole new set of rules- especially those that are not the high-five, which i believe to be a horrible representative of five bladed props... their geometry is whacky... 

even that said, and even if it is a high five you have- it should be able to push that boat up w/o much fanfare.... trim all the way down, and instead of punching it, ease into it... this is the true test of a prop, in my opinion- it should be able to softly pull the boat onto plane w/o having to punch the engines to WOT... if not, consider smart tabs, which will assist.  if still no, we're talking prop (which is a band-aid at that size boat and a 19p) or we're talking outdrive gear ratio.