2009. 260 ec wet floor in aft cabin

Hi 
this is my first question here
my 260 is getting wet on the head end of the madress and on the floor 
i have looked at the arch bolts and they're completely dry, and resealed the small screws on the windscreen. 
I have also taken out the aft cabin window and resealed it.
But still it gets wet, does anyone have some advice for me
best regards Thomas :-)

Comments

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another possibility is your anchor locker. It may not be draining properly. Pop off the mirror in the V berth and open up the portal. Check if it's wet in there. 

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Aft cabin leak.
    maybe not year apropriate but my issue was window seal and floor drain that goes thru the floor into the aft and then into mid ship bilge.
    hose popped out and was leaking all over each time it rained or i washed the deck lol
    also it could hot water tank or pressure lines.

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any deck/hull fitting can be a culprit as water can run along hull areas and emerge away from the entry point. This has happened to me/friends many times. Our best solution for pesky leaks has been to remove access panels in the vicinity and use a mirror and/or s flashlight. In later years I have used a construction camera with s goose neck with great success. You have made a great start looking at the windshield  and eondow screwd.deals. Have you looked at the railing and rub rail areas in the vicinity? Do you have shorepower/ gas fill/eater fill fittings in the area?
  • Thomas_UThomas_U Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Thanks for your responses, I will try looking in the named places an see if it is wet
    the mid ship bilge is 100% dry, maybe that is a bad sign? I have shore power on the side just above the wet area, but I popped out the speaker at the inside and could see and feel the shore and antenna switches as we sprayed over them with water, also dry...
    thanks again