Options

Busy weekend rant

skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
This past weekend was the air and water show here is Chicago.  Great weekend on the water with some easily avoidable problems.

1.  Event is over and every boat on the lake is heading back to the harbor.  Seems everyone is in a huge hurry to get to their slip.  Instead of a single file line some boats feel they are more important and pass people and or create their own lane.

50+ FOOT yacht riding my a$$ laid on his horn at me when I was turning into my slip lane...apparently I didn't do it fast enough. :/

2.  It's a windy day and our slips are tight as it is...I enter my slip lane only to find our slip neighbors kids on a floating Lilly pad right in front of my slip.  Now I have to fight the wind to wait for them to clear out.

2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3

Comments

• Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear. Good thing you didn't "jam on the brakes" That would have really set him off. 
  • Options
    halifax212halifax212 Member Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Just imagine what the local ramp would have been like :o
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big events, fireworks and such always bring out the best in people. whats another 5 minute's ? 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    When we have the blue angels show in Annapolis for the naval academy graduation, I just stay out anchored for an additional hour or so and let everyone get out of there first!  usually fun to watch anyhow. 

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    youstolemybeeryoustolemybeer Member Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
    I usually stay in the slip on the weekend. Too many maroons out there for my liking,  butttttttt I do get a six pack and sit at the ramp just to watch the show, jeez some people are jerks
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too often boaters forget that boating is supposed to be about guiet, relaxing time and fun!
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    I was at the fuel dock the other week on a busy weekend and some knucklehead was motoring and waiting for me to finish. I could hear him muttering as I approached 70 gallons. Once that tank was full I pulled and went on to the next tank as I hear the guy saying "what the heII, come on"!  I and the braisen gas attendant asked if he had a problem and to go to another fuel dock if he couldn't wait. Like I can control how fast the pump goes.  I finished pumping that tank and to rub a little salt in the wound I went back and made sure the other tank was topped off. I then pulled away but stayed close and watched as this guy attempted to pull into dock unsuccessfully at least 5 times. He definitely didn't know what he was doing. I clapped and made sure he heard once they finally got his ropes and he was against the dock. I can't stand dbags. 
    Post edited by raybo3 on