Need Windlass Recommendation 2000 Rinker Fiesta Vee 270 Middle River Maryland

Greetings everyone, John Ayres here on the Chesapeake Bay in Middle River Maryland. Gradually getting my recent purchased 2000 Rinker Fiesta Vee 270 update to 2016 boating style, and we have once again run into a problem. Purchased a Lewmar Windlass From West Marine for the Boat only to have to return it tonight as it will not fit in anchor locker or on deck next to anchor locker hatch.  In 2000 a Windlass was offered on the boat as an option, do any of you out there know what type of Windlass, make, model number was offered; and, can it be found anywhere including the factory, with installation hardware and instructions. Or, are they any after-market Windlass recommendations (that will fit properly) for this boat. I would enjoy hearing from some of the forum members on and about this topic. Need help in this situation.

Many thanks,

JDA

Comments

• JDAYRES777JDAYRES777 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Have not been able to find Lewmar 600 anywhere, but there is a V700, is that similar to the Lewmar 600?  Pleae advise me back.
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Advise, from experience, to go one size up or more amps if possible!
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go with Al's advice but maybe see if you can get a model of the same size with more amps. The amps play a huge role in the windlass's power. Before you go up in amps check the wiring and fusing in your boat. The windlass in my 2014 EC 360 failed and the manufacturer told the new owner that it was too small for the boat. They replaced it under warranty for the new owner but in the opinion of the manufacturer it was too small. I have heard the same thing from owners of at least three different brands of boat.
    Thank you gentlemen, I am on the lookout for these parts as well. This will be installed this off season to be ready for next spring. We want to get this done early.
    Hi fellow Rinker owners. I am following up on this problem from 2016, was unable to find Lewmar 600 anywhere.  However, have found Five Oceans S612 Horizontal Windlass 600W 1/4" HT-G4 chain – 1/2” rope – BC 3930.  Any comments on this specific unit or other recommendations.  NO rush, looking for feedback since I have not been able to find the recommended Lewmar 600, and, that the Lewmar 550 Gypsy may not be strong enough.  Please advise when you can.
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lewmar doesnt make a 600 anymore. Use a 700 or larger. 
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 700 should fit. If I was replacing mine, they make a 700 with a free fall on it. I would get that one. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe my 310 has a bigger locker but the Pro1000 was a drop in for the factory 600. And yes, the free fall option is a worthwhile add to the 700, the 1000 came with it.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

Hi Folks,

My anchor locker cover is small, and I definitely would need a free fall.  I think the Five Oceans S612 Horizontal Windlass 600W 1/4" HT-G4 chain – 1/2” rope – BC 3930 is probably going to be my best bet.  The Lewmar 700 could be too big and draw too much current.   

• wbviperwbviper Member Posts: 11
    Hey did you end up installing a windlass? I just bought a 2000 Rinker Fiesta Vee 270 myself and I am interested in getting a windlass for it. Any additional info/photos you have would be great.