Options

Rinker 270 Fiesta Vee Tachometer

My Tachometer started acting up today and bouncing alittle when crusing and not reading accurately. Im thinking of pulling and cleaning terminals but I took a peak behind the panel and all connectors look clean and corrosion free. Anyone experience this? Is there a replacement gauge I can buy that will work for now or monitor? I have a survey wednesday and want to get this straightened out. Came up suddenly. Doesnt bother me as I watch mph to know where rpms are but I need it to work for then. 

Anyone have a used one I can buy that is exact replacement ? Need something quick . If not what is the exact Faria number I need?

Answers

• Options
    pault1216pault1216 Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭
    I had the same issue. I cleaned and tightened the connectors and cycled the 4-6-8 switch (# of cylinders) a few times and put it back on 8. Worked ok after that. I would try it first before spending $$$.  -Paul
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .....ground is a huge issue with those analogue gauges.
  • Options
    jmichelsjmichels Member Posts: 311 ✭✭
    connect on back looks fine. 
  • Options
    MDboaterMDboater Member Posts: 298 ✭✭✭
    I had a similar problem a while back and did as @pault1216.  However tach was still erratic. With engine running I adjusted the cylinder number selector switch a very small amount until tach was stable.  Has been fine ever since.  There was no label or markings for cylinder number on mine.  Of you unscrew the wood panel holding the tach you should be able to move everything out enough to get a small screwdriver into the selector switch.  Otherwise,  you can unscrew the backing ring holding the tach in place.    Probably wouldn't hurt to disconnect and reconnect the tach once or twice in case a contact has oxidized.
  • Options
    jmichelsjmichels Member Posts: 311 ✭✭
    thanks i can give that a shot 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    The last time I did it on a Rinker supplied analogue tach I used a small Thompson (flat) screw driver head - jeweler's screw driver size. The hole in the back of the tach was pretty small. BTW adjust that screw head delicately as that adjustment it can be broken. :-(