Options

Reliability Express Cruiser 360

Very recently became the owner of a 2009 360 Express Cruiser with Mercruiser Mag 377 (320Hp) with Bravo 3 sea core outdrives.  What if any issues have folks had with this boat or these engines and drives that we should be aware of.  This boat is loaded with all the standard components and many of the available options.

Best Answer

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @Chuckvec. The EC 360 is a fantastic boat. I had a 2014 model. The Sea Core system from Mercruiser is very robust and will prolong the life of your engines and drives. The boat is indeed loaded with features. I prefer the 502 magnums in that boat but the 377 Magnums are certainly way better that the 350 Magnum option which, IMO, is ridiculous. If I had the 377s I would change the engine oil and filters a bit more frequently as they will work a lot harder than 496s or 502s but will last if they are not pushed too hard. Congratulations on purchasing a Rinker and even more so a 360 and welcome to the forum!

Answers

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    Problems with a 360 EC?  (sound of crickets chirping)
  • Options
    ChuckvecChuckvec Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback.  Rinker boats of this size are rare in New England, but the value was unbelievable when we compared to like featured/powered boats.  So wish us luck, survey is Tuesday.  We hope to get some time with her before she goes on the hard.

• Options
    The 360 is an amazing value and quality compared to other boats. Cruisers, Chapparal, Formula, Sea Ray guys used to shake their heads when they went aboard our 2014 EC 360 with 8.2 Mags and Axius.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would have been 100 times more reliable with Diesels, just sayin  :)
  • Options
    edited September 2016

....and so expensive at 56K more that you'd never get your money back, have to deal with the smell and going REAL slow most of the time. That's why for every 1000 Rinkers with gassers there's 1 diesel....if that! LOL....but keep tryin' Steve, you might get a convert.

EC 360 with gas engines, clearly the way to go. Diesels in an EC360....just stupid. In a 40+ footer, well that's another story!