Options

Headliner issue

Hi everyone - I am very aggressively looking for a 90s 232 captiva still, and I came across a 1995 that has a headliner issue but is otherwise very clean.  Any ideas on what a repair might cost for something like this?  Is this pretty common in this year range? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did my own on another boat and it wasnt fun working upside down. The material was about 100$ but I wouldnt do it again. You are probably looking at about 600$ or so. I wouldnt let that kill the deal though. 
  • Options
    jme097jme097 Member Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I am 99% sure 3M makes a spray adhesive that you can use. Just like Handy says though, you're working upside down the whole time lol. I wouldn't let that hinder your decision though. 
    Boat Name: Knot A Worry
    2007 280 Rinker Express 6.2L B3
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @skeester45...agreed you can do it. I would also ascertain why it came down. It could just be sagging (like me LOL) due to old age of it could be (hopefully not) water damage. I would make 100% sure that the opening vent did not leak and cause the headliner to sag. IF it did you need to check the integrity of the fiberglass hull topside.
  • Options
    skeester45skeester45 Member Posts: 10
    Thanks guys so much for the insight.  The seller said the previous owner thought it would be a good idea to run speaker wire under the fabric and then re-attach. Evidently said re-attachment has finally given up the ghost.  I am fairly handy, so it does seem to be something I would at least try.  Its a bit much for a 1995, around 10k, but has basically a brand new 350 MAG and over 6k in work done to her in the last 2 years.  May just pull the trigger
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @skeester45 if the mechanics are good (and they sound like they are - if the owner maintained them) then the headliner, while a pita, is cosmetic and doable!