Options

A Starter solenoid, alternator and trim sender walked in to a bar on Labor Day Weekend

DanoDano Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
All of them passed out, and did not wake up.  I replaced the solenoid (real P I T A ) and alternator (E Z P Z).  I am thinking waiting until I pull her for the year to replace the sender/limit.  The sender occasionally sends a signal, and the guage will bounce then go to full up.  

Not sure if the skipper of the SS Dingleberry had anything to do with it when he tried to parallel park (at the dock) and hit my drive, but the coincidence would be remarkable.  Hard to put a an 18 ft BR in a 19 ft hole as it is.  Probably harder with 11 people on board and NOT ONE child wearing floatation.  

Any issues trimming by sound/feel over the next few weeks?  Or, is it necessary to pull her now?  

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No issues at all
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Mine hasn't worked in years...lol as a matter of fact if it were me I wouldn't even replace it.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was easy to replace like a girlfriend LOL
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Mine has been replaced several times over the years.  It stopped working again this past spring.  Like Ray, I'm ready to just say the heck with it.  You can definitely tell by sound and when you start to porpoise.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    DanoDano Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Thanks for the input.  As I am kinda sorta OCD when it comes to anything that is not working, I will still have it replaced at EOY.  Glad to know it is not necessary in the meantime.  
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dano, I'm ocd like you but in the interim you'll be fine. When out of the water look for any potential damage to your trim cylinder cables. They are SS and should be fine but you want to make sure the "Dingleberry" didn't cause any damage in that regard - even a nick into the SS covering!
  • Options
    jhofmannjhofmann Member Posts: 430 ✭✭✭
    I know my 2000 242 with a Bravo 3 by feel. Trim all the way in/down to plane off, trim put/up until I get the best speed at the same throttle position, if it starts to porpoise trim in/down until she settles down.
  • Options
    F1100F1100 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    My trim gauges dont work either.. its just by feel.. i just put them all the way down..and then power up till on plane...then put them all the way up... boat is trimmed perfect every time.. I just dont mess with the engine trim once I have it set the way I like it.
    1993 300 FIESTA VEE TWIN 5.7L ALPHA GEN 2
  • Options
    NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Mine too, just trim by sound and feel, seldom mess with it.
  • Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i went through quite a struggle to get my sender and sensor swapped for a working set this year... the problem was a new engine that makes new sounds and feels differently than it did before.... once i figured out those, i didn't need it.... "I" didn't need it anyway- but who does need it?  someone who is captaining in my stead, and who knows not to lift that drive above the halfway mark (which is why setting the sensor was important to me, or so the trim button HAS to be pushed past that first stop to lift the drive above halfway- sender, not so important, except for the fact I was right there, and I'm OCD about such things).