Options

Stereo upgrade on 2001 340 FV

I finally completed the purchase of my new (to me) 2001 340 FV and was able to spend last weekend on Lake Cumberland.  Absolutely love the boat, but it is in need of some upgrades.  One of the items on my list is to upgrade the Kenwood head unit, wired remotes and speakers.  I have the old Kenwood with a cassette deck and CD changer, so it is pretty dated.  I plan on sticking with Kenwood, since I want to be able to use the existing wires for the wired remotes.  I have the older white oval remotes and would like to install the newer versions, however I am not sure on how to remove them.  I know quite a few people have replaced these with the newer style, so I wanted to see if anyone had any advice on removing these?  There is a subwoofer installed already, however I cannot seem to locate the amp.  Does anyone know the location of the amp on this boat?  I want to take a look at it and potentially replace it when I replace the sub.  One last question, I would like to remove the CD changer, but I don't want a big hole on the bulkhead, any advice on what to do with that empty space? 

Comments