Options

2005 410 Fiesta Vee - Searching for Manuals & Maintenance Info

TreemagnetTreemagnet Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
Hi everyone, I’m new to the Rinker Owners’ Forum.  My lovely bride and I just purchased a 2005 Rinker 410 Fiesta Vee (gas) from the original owner and I am looking for factory manuals and maintenance instructions related to the 8.1L H/O engines, V-Drives, and Generator.  Thus far, the internet has yet to yield anything substantial.

I’ve never owned a cruiser near this size and have zero experience with V-Drives or Koehler Generators.  This boat is immaculate and in like new shape, which I plan to maintain.  Unfortunately, the original owner could not locate any of the factory manuals or literature.

Sold my last boat 14 years ago (62’ Somerset Houseboat - w/twin 305 Volvo I/O’s and an 11.5 kw Westerbeke).  I know, effectively apples and giraffes.  Therefore, any help or information you all provide will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you all very much and I look forward to contributing to this forum in the future (hopefully before I break something)

Comments

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on your purchase! I love the 04' - 05' 410 Layout, great boat layout up and down! Awesome that you got V drives. Cant help with the boat manuals but the Kohler manuals are very available online if you google the model. I can tell you that the manual that I have for my 342 from Rinker is fairly useless. Most of your maintenance will be done on the engines and generator so focus on them. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone posted a Generator manual on here a while back. Try doing a search. Keep an eye on the V drive fluid level. My friend didnt and we ended up stuck in the middle of the Chesapeake bay. 
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Treemagnet, welcome, you will find a lot of similarities, having owned houseboat before. and now a cruiser,  Just a learning curve on the V-drives, as you must get some water moving past those rudders, to turn, maneuver. Just takes a slight bit longer. As an out drive you have instant maneuverability.

I'm surprised those manuals are not in there somewhere. keep looking.

Oh and good find on lovely bride, and 410 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod

Welcome to the forum.  The only manuals that are really worthwhile would be the  Engine manuals and the Kohler manual (which is readily available). 

The 410 is a beautiful boat.  Can't wait to see pictures.  What area will you be boating in?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    TreemagnetTreemagnet Member Posts: 14 ✭✭

Thanks everyone!   

You all confirmed my suspicions that it’s pretty much all about maintaining the engines, genset, and V-drives.  I can change oil in my sleep and swapping out impellers was fairly easy too.  Got a lead on the engine and genset manuals from our local boat dealer.  Once I have the V-drive info, I’ll be ready to endanger the marina. 

Lake Travis (outside Austin TX) has a fairly warm climate and does not ice over (lowest average temperature is around 58 degrees).  Never had any winter issues with the houseboat on this lake, thus, we plan to use the Rinker year round (current water temp is ~84).  The previous owner had a diver clean the hull every 2 months and it got new bottom paint in the  past year.   

So, if I employ the same diver schedule, how long should she stay in the water between haul outs?  And, how often is new bottom paint recommended under these warm water/year round conditions? 

Thanks again, you all are fantastic!

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on what product was used on the bottom? Seems to me that if a diver is needed every 2 months would be overkill by the previous owner or he never used the boat. Normal weekly or biweekly use will keep everything clean provided the correct bottom paint was used. Gee, I sound like MT now. LOL
  • Options
    NavyCTRCNavyCTRC Member Posts: 303 ✭✭✭
    Assuming they used ablative bottom paint, it will depend on how much you use the boat.  Most people here in FL get a fresh coat every 3 years, 4 years max.  The bottom will get cleaned every time you get her on plane for a nice 15-30 minute ride.