Options

Easy Question about the volt meter in the 342

StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
I can test this out but I wonder if anybody know for sure that the volt meter on the power panel down below displays the house battery voltage?  I get voltage on the vessel view and assume that since it comes from the engines it's the starting batteries.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Should be house
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    Right - VV and the helm gauges see starter batteries, and the power panel sees house battery.
  • Options
    OK Good.  I was thinking of switching the DC gauge down below with a digital volt display.

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My chartplotter had the option to add VDC to the corner of the display, which I took advantage of. On my 280EC, most, if not all, of the switches and equipment at the helm run off the house batteries including the chartplotter. It's nice because I get the house battery voltage on the chartplotter and the starting battery on the 4 in 1 gauge and the VVM app.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    JethawkerJethawker Member Posts: 1
    Question - on my 2006 Fiesta Vee distribution panel while hooked up to Shore Power, the DC volt meter (house battery I assume) shows 12.3V for about :45 seconds then drops to 10.0V for 5-10 seconds before going back up to 12.3V...all without anything selected on DC panel except DC Man switch in the "On" position. I can hear something coming on to put drain on DC system to create voltage drop but can't seem to isolate what that is? (Bilge pump?).

Also had "12 Volt Recpt" circuit breaker pop on bottom of DC panel side.

Thanks for any help. 
  • Options
    Could be your fridge starting up @Jethawker