Options

Seat Position Holder

JonnyMJonnyM Member Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get one of the plastic pieces that align the seat in the back of my 270?  One is missing from my small port side aft seat. and it makes the seat wobble.  I can probably make one but I thought I would check if they can be bought anywhere.

"Mosi on Dahn"  2003 Fiesta Vee 270

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rinker may be able to sell you the part or Great Lakes Skipper. Jet Industries used to make a lot of Rinker's plastic parts. My friend used a piece of wood dowling that he pre-drilled, spray painted white and applied LePages construction adhesive to. It worked for years and still is working as far as I know.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tip, I just may make my own.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    @JonnyM....I was just thinking, another idea could be to make a nice L bracket out of aluminum that you screw down and glue on fabric to prevent it from scratching the gelcoat on the seat base. I'm sure you can come-up with a number of ideas if finding an oem replacement part proves difficult. BTW it is always great when guys who "McGuyver" something post a picture of their modification for all of us to admire and learn from!
    Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    MDboaterMDboater Member Posts: 298 ✭✭✭
    @JonnyM - I found the piece in my tool box.  The treads are somewhat stripped but you might get it to hold if you add some epoxy (similar to the post at the top of your picture).  IMO, the root of the problem is the threads don't extend far enough from the base of the seat thus putting a lot of stress of a few plastic threads.  Anyway, I'm happy to mail it to you if you want it.  
  • Options
    Thanks again MD, I will make it work.