I/O antifreeze flusher

Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
rather than buy the Camco for $40 I made my own for $14 including the homer bucket! I have a hose that was bound for the dumpster anyway that I'll cut down to 10' and voila!

07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

Comments

  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liberty, If the woman don't find you handsome, It least they will find you handy.

    Man I'm not ready to think about winterizing, but its coming.
    Boat Name : 

  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha, thanks Randy. first year with this boat so I'm a few weeks ahead trying to plan. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an old bilge pump that I put into a concrete mixing tray that I use to winterize my boat.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes" (Sold)
    2022 Cherokee 294GEBG Black Label land yacht. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Liberty44140 and Cableguy Greg - love owner modifications that are so cool! Pun intended. We can do a lot of winterizing ourselves with a few neat tricks like these!
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha, thanks @Michael T
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

  • awhiresawhires Member Posts: 53 ✭✭
    What is the name of the bucket fitting??
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not one fitting, it is a compilation of fittings from Home Depots plumbing and electrical assortment. The piece going through the bucket is threaded PVC with metal washers and nuts on both sides. The metal washers and nuts are from the electrical conduit area. Used silicone on both sides 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

  • onislandtimeonislandtime Member Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    I used Watts 1/2-in x 1/2-in Threaded Union Fitting and a 5 Gallon Bucket, but you can buy any size bulkhead fitting. Amazon has them under 5 bucks. You can use a plastic spigot to save more money

  • TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    ...The guys in florida are giggling
  • tniggeltniggel Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    Like Greg said, we use an old bilge pump in a concrete mixing tub.  I added an additional mod this year.  I took an old extension cord that I had cut in half cutting the shrubs (oops), spliced it to the bilge pump on one end, and then to a cigarette lighter power adapter on the other. I hook the muffs to the outdrive, then go the helm, plug in the pump and start the boat.  Pretty slick when you are working by yourself.
Sign In or Register to comment.