Options

just purchased a 2008 Captiva 246 BR It is missing

Hello all. We just purchased a 2008 246 BR with tower and the Mercruiser 496. Season is over, so we did a test run and now it will sit until April...it will be a long winter! It is missing all accessories like anchors, bumpers, ropes, etc... It's also missing the cooler, do any of you know what model of igloo cooler I should get? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome , and season is not over, there will be some great days to go boating ahead.  Try Walmart, measure your space, they also have ropes lines ect. they will not have bumpers big enough for your boat. Or anchor big enough. 
    Nice Boat!
     Check out this link. 25% off

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/search_new.cgi?r=handle_redirect&force_cache=1&count=100&do=json&i=1&q1=Anchor+Docking&q2=602&q3=On+Sale|Hot+Buy|Clearance|New+Markdown&sort=SC_Units&x1=t1&x2=cat1&x3=moreWays&ckey=4ojuR++hg9Z9ssnQaxA45A&cat_depth
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Click on anchor and docking,
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bummer that she is laid up for the winter. The good news is that there are some good sales going on right now. When I had a 232cc, I had 3/8" dock lines that varied in length, 2 15', 2 20', and 3 25' lines. I used to have all matching lines until someone on this site or the old site suggested getting different color lines for the different lengths, like red for the 15', blue for the 20' and black for the 25'. That way you can tell the admiral or first mate to grab a blue line for the stern and a black line for the bow. For fenders, in Pittsburgh we get crushed with wake, so I had the G5 size fenders on my boat. I always carried 5 of them because you never know what size fenders the guy rafting off to you has. Got to protect your investment. I thought the cooler was a 25qt cooler. I could be wrong... I am sure the other 246 owners will chime in on that.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!