Options

Winter cover questions RE: Express Cruiser 360 with hard top

Hi all,
I need input.  Having to store the boat outdoors in New England and I need advice on covering.  First off, it looks like we will have to Shrink Wrap this year.  Any chance of a canvas cover getting made before spring is slim to none.  So we will focus on framing for shrink wrap covering.  We use PVC pipe up our way.  Does anyone have a pattern or other suggestions for how to go from stern to top of hard top? I was planning to "cage" the radar and antenna area in a PVC box before shrink wrap.  Ideas and input is welcome.  Pics?  Thanks in advance you folks have been very helpful.  C

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Did you try Fisher Canvas in New Jersey? That is who made my cover. I ran a pole from the arch to the bow rail using 2" PVC. I supported it with toilet flanges covered in cloth in two locations. I ran 1" PVC from the 2" center support to the edges. Here is a good thread and some pics for you.

http://rinkerboats.vanillaforums.com/discussion/3195/sold-slightly-used-fisher-winter-storage-cover-for-2009-rinker-280-express-cruiser

Yes, Fisher Canvas from Jersey is who  @cover guy uses and they have yet to get back to me for a winter full canvas storage cover for a  360 EC w/hardtop.
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    @bry1429 - based on my past discussions with Darren, a Fisher cover for your boat would cost around $3500 - $4000.  It would be custom-made, and would be expected to last 10 years or more.  
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    @bry1429 - based on my past discussions with Darren, a Fisher cover for your boat would cost around $3500 - $4000.  It would be custom-made, and would be expected to last 10 years or more.  
    @LaRea, yes and thank you, you are correct. That is what Darren has quoted me on a custom Fisher cover. I was looking forward to the purchase. But, a quote is only good if he can provide the product quoted. He sent me the quote and stated he had to find an exact replica in his area to take messurements and he would get back to me, that has not happened as of yet and that statement/quote was many months ago. I have not heard from him since. I'm guessing he is busy and to find a 360 w/hardtop to make a template in his area has apparently been a challenge.
  • Options
    coverguycoverguy Member Posts: 122 ✭✭
    bry1429, you are right and I am so sorry. I dropped the ball on your cover. I will stop at Fisher Canvas this afternoon and see what he has come up with. If you are still interested, I will discount your cover. If you shrinkwrap your boat, I will see if I can deduct the price from your cover. If you want to order it for next year, I can take a small deposit and lock in the discounted price for next year.
    I will do all I can to make it right with you.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    darren@pmwinterboatcovers.com
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    www.pmwinterboatcovers.com
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    dam, I feel pretty bad about this.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @coverguy. We all get busy. Great response though!
  • Options
    Problem is always trying to find a boat if I don't have a pattern. Some dealers are cool about me climbing all over something in stock, but some private owners tell me to F off when I approach them about measuring their boats. We did find a boat like that in my area, but the marina would not help me id the owner. Basically told me to scram.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    coverguy said:
    bry1429, you are right and I am so sorry. I dropped the ball on your cover. I will stop at Fisher Canvas this afternoon and see what he has come up with. If you are still interested, I will discount your cover. If you shrinkwrap your boat, I will see if I can deduct the price from your cover. If you want to order it for next year, I can take a small deposit and lock in the discounted price for next year.
    I will do all I can to make it right with you.
    @coverguy ; Hey Darren, I found a reasonable price for indoor storage in lieu of outside with custom cover we had tried to make happen. I had mentioned to you the problem I had with shrink wrap and had to avoid it at any means possible. So, indoor storage it is for this year. I will now follow up and continue our transaction for a custom cover.  I thought you had just blown me off because I had not heard from you after all the communication we had on the subject. I really do understand getting busy and letting some things slip past(I'm guilty of said dropping the ball many times over) So, I will give you a call and see if we can make this happen. I am impressed with your response. Thank you for your truly sincere apology, accepted! You have been nothing but professional with all our past communications. I've heard great things about you and your product! This proves it is true and that's why I will now continue moving forward with you. Thank you very much Darren. 

Bryan
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....and this is the way we treat each other on the Rinker forum....awesome!
  • Options
    Maybe I should have done this earlier, are there any 2014 Rinker 360 hardtop owners in Western Conn., Southern NY, NJ, Eastern Penn., Delaware or Maryland that will let me come to your boat and take measurements for a winter cover?
    I could really use some help with this one, I am willing to offer $50 VISA gift card if I could just spend about half an hour measuring your boat.
    Thank you.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    coverguy said:
    Maybe I should have done this earlier, are there any 2014 Rinker 360 hardtop owners in Western Conn., Southern NY, NJ, Eastern Penn., Delaware or Maryland that will let me come to your boat and take measurements for a winter cover?
    I could really use some help with this one, I am willing to offer $50 VISA gift card if I could just spend about half an hour measuring your boat.
    Thank you.
    I think the footprint has not changed for many years. So, maybe 2009 and newer would be the same, maybe?
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    There's a 360 in my marina that we raft up with often.  I'll see if they are around this weekend.  I'm not sure what year it is, but it has the rectangular shaped port windows.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Dream_Inn, thank you. Hopefully it will work out.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    ChuckvecChuckvec Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    All of this discussion has been very helpful. I have received a quote from Cover Guy and it is likely a Fischer cover based on description and price.  Interestingly enough I am going to go with shrinkwrap over frame for this year and consider the custom cover option when I have more time to deal with the research.  I really like the PVC frame Dream_In posted, I will definitely look into that for a more substantial framing system.  If pinned instead of glued, it could be reused for years.  I would have preferred to store indoors, but our yard has only a few indoor spots for boats this big.
  • Options
    Chuckvec, if you pm or email me what you are spending for shrinkwrap. I will see what I can do and adjust your cover price if you decide to get a cover next year. I have a call out on this site and others looking for a boat like yours.
    Darren Fitzgerald
    856-857-7475
    PM Winter Boat Covers
    OEM Rinker Canvas
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod

Well, it was a bit rainy today, so they didn't show.

I have to say, another person, actually Fisher canvas' brother, came to my my pier today and is going to make covers for 9 or 10 boats on my pier. The cover is definitely a cheaper material, but cheaper price point that more are willing to agree. I'll be curious over the years how well it holds up, but still a good price.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express