Options

Rinker 342 Fiesta Vee - Anyone know what these are for?

Anyone know what these are for? I have two on the port and starboard sides of the radar arch.

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, those are for putting the bow for the canvas into a different position for booting forward.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never got mine to work like that. I always figured it was for the cockpit cover. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    edited October 2016
    See the base of the pole in this picture, in the yellow circle?  Disconnect it and attach it to the fitting in your picture (on port and stbd sides).  Then you can fold the entire bimini forward so it lays against the radar arch.  

You probably have a U-shaped canvas storage sleeve that zips over the bimini when it's folded forward.  

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So those go to the bottom fittings LR? What goes on the upper fittings?
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    Well I'll be a monkey's uncle......could never figure out what those were for.....pretty much tried every combo except this one....LOL. THANX LaRea

No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,460 admin
    If no one where using those how was everybody opening up the canvas on their boats?????
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never use them
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    The only time I ran with the canvas open I left the rear frame up and wrapped the canvas around it, then put a strap around to keep it in place.  I remember looking at the boot and thinking "how does this work?".  Someone later pointed out those other mount points.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    tmcelreatmcelrea Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Thanks guys. I'll give it a try next year. I usually don't fold up my top but this gives me options. Unfortunately, the boat didn't come with the socks to slip over the folded canvas.
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I would fold my canvas back and put the sock on it. I did fold it up as LaRea stated above and dam, THAT WORKS NICE!!....LOL

Post edited by raybo3 on
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,567 mod
    Where I live, boating without a bimini isn't really an option.  In ten years with my 342, I think I ran maybe twice with the bimini folded up.  Most of the time, it's too hot.  Or the sun's too bright.  Or it's raining.  At most, we get a couple-three days a year when open-top boating would be nice.  (Today would have been one, if I didn't work for a living.)

So, I don't miss the canvas at all!

But I always stowed the bimini for winter storage.