Options

Rinker Quality Control

We purchased our 2016 360 Cruiser in July of this year.  After receiving the boat and looking it over closely I came to the conclusion the QC at Rinker is fair to poor.  This is our 3rd Rinker (2 new and 1 used).  This Flagship of the Rinker line of boats has many little things that should have been noticed and repaired at the factory.  I must say that the boat runs great with the twin Volvo 380 hp engines and the joystick control is fantastic.  Overall I give the boat an A+ for ride and performance but it's the little things that really bother me.
I just want this to be a constructive criticism and I am not trashing the boat or Rinker in any way.

Anybody else had this same problem?

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I did. I bought a 2013 EC 310 with twin 350 Magnums with Axius and a 2014 EC 360 with twin 502 Magnums and Axius. There were a number of little things, on both boats. I must admit that one or two were head scratchers as in "how the heck did this get past quality control".

That said, Rinker and my dealer made EVERYTHING good. It took some time for a couple of the issues - some related to manufacturers of parts - but it was all done imo in a reasonable amount of time.

I have friends who have bought boats from different manufacturers that were almost dead-on size and equipment wise but cost almost twice as much and had the same small issues that I thought should have been caught.

Some of the issues with my cruisers were very hard to detect. In one case it was a leak that was due to a faulty manufactured exterior part that was supplied to Rinker. In another it was Rinker install of the windshield that leaked but Rinker made good.

In the summer of 2014 we sat on our 360 EC and watched a 55 foot million(s) dollar boat pull into a neighboring slip. As it was being docked by crew the owner rushed-up and asked if he could use our head PLEASE. He had three heads on his "boat" none were working as a master water supply pump had failed. There were more failures as he related to us later over champagne (his) that had failed on his maiden cruise. We all wondered at what price point ANY boat left the factory perfect.

Rinkers are not perfect but my experience has been that Rinker makes things right. I hope that proves to be your experience @erhowell.

One think for sure a Rinker EC 360 with 380 HP engines and joystick is a "thing of beauty"....and I'd buy another new Rinker cruiser in a heart beat!