Options

Electric Toilet

I recently ran a new 12/2 AWG Marine approved cable from the Head to the Distribution panel at the Galley - I am unable to tie into the panel as there are no spare breakers or provisions for additional breakers.

If I utilize the toilet on the same circuit as the shower sump, is this a good option? and is it safe? ABYC approved? 

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,557 mod
    Is the breaker for the shower pump rated for what you would need for the toilet?  If so, that probably would be ok.  The only issue is if both were used at the same time.  (always fun to stink up the bathroom while the admiral is in the shower :\"> )

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    KeepNitReelKeepNitReel Member Posts: 4
    Actually, it"s pretty hard to use the shower while someone is on the toilet as this is the same space! usually sit on the toilet (Head) whilst showering? Thanks for the comment!
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey KNR we just pulled a bunch of wire in my 2013 EC 310. Like Al said be very careful. I wired houses for years but had a marine tech do it. I helped. We used all dedicated lines to their own breakers and panel plugs that the dealer got from Rinker. Here's the deal The insurance company didn't care if I had pulled wire in house construction. I'm not a marine tech. If there's a fire and I lose my boat that would be bad. If the fire in my boat took a couple of others that's called homeless. The insurance company would send me flowers for saving them a bundle. Marine wiring is specialized as we have gas, sometimes alcohol and TWO voltages of electricity in close proximity. I'm sure you can do the wiring, but once you're finished why not pay a qualified marine tech a few bucks to certify it? Not trying to raise your blood pressure, just thinking of your financial welfare!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,557 mod
    Alswagg said:
    If you are adding a Jabsco electric flush kit. It must be on it's own circuit.   These pull alot of amps,  Be carefull and wire correctly.    Al

Actually, you are right!  I remember the one on my old 310 pulled enough to make lights go dim!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express