Options

Introduction - back on the water again

I've lurking around this forum the past month - loads of great information! Been off the water since 2005 (had a new 2000 270).Great boat - took some time off, had a few kids and now back in the game.  Pulled the trigger on a 2017 EX 320. Cannot wait to be back out on Lake St Clair. Spring cannot come soon enough!!

2017 EX 320  MacRay Harbor - Harrison Twp, MI

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Welcome to the RBOC awesome looking boat. Best of luck....
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    SheriSheri Member Posts: 76 ✭✭

Welcome, your correct about a great bit of information here. Congrats on the beautiful new boat!

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a 2013 EC 310 (basically the same boat) with twin 350 Mags and Axius. It goes like a rocket and handles like a sports car while being very easy on gas. You are going to love it. just watch out for grease splatters from the cockpit grill!
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking boat. Too bad its not Diesel LOL
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice boat, you really jumped back good!
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    thebistrothebistro Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Michael T said:
    I had a 2013 EC 310 (basically the same boat) with twin 350 Mags and Axius. It goes like a rocket and handles like a sports car while being very easy on gas. You are going to love it. just watch out for grease splatters from the cockpit grill!

I also have the twin 350 Mags. I am having the grill removed and a new counter top installed with the drainable storage compartment. Really do not plan on grilling on the boat and really need the extra counter space.  
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd go for an in-counter blender in place of the grill.  I love showing ours off.  

Very pretty boat BTW.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Stodge said:
    I'd go for an in-counter blender in place of the grill.  I love showing ours off.  

Very pretty boat BTW.
    It still has the in-counter blender, which is a great feature. 
  • Options
    edited October 2016

@thebistro, I have seen the hinged storage that comes with a boat that doesn't have the grill option deepened and used as storage and deepened and insulated and used as a cooler. Lots of options. I really like the swivel captain's chair and the pull-out side lounge. Also liked the drop down rear sun platform. Little wonder it won two boating design awards!

On my 2013 EC 310 there was a hinged storage where the grill would have gone if not ordered. I was going to do "something" with that area but sold the boat that Fall. That's the boat that @gtyee has now.

Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    gtyeegtyee Member Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    Nice boat. Great colors and you'll love the performance of the 350mags and room in the cockpit. I love mine (MT's old 2013 310ec)
  • Options
    Buffed and waxed ready to be stored and do the bottom.b
  • Options
    gtyee said:
    Buffed and waxed ready to be stored and do the bottom.b
    Looks great! My first boat with the hard top...I think they look fantastic!
  • Options
    bella-vitabella-vita Member Posts: 411 ✭✭✭
    She is a beauty congrats! 
    2002 Rinker FV 342
  • Options
    @gtyee: What are you doing to the bottom? Wax/paint?
  • Options
    edited October 2016

@thebistro, BTW....you may be interested in this and @gtyee can show you pictures. I don't know if Rinker has corrected the omission but as of 2013 when I purchased the EC 310 there was no 110v outlet in the cockpit. It was the only Rinker cruiser without a 110v outlet in the cockpit. I thought that was weird. I called Randy Rinker and he said it was  definitely a mistake.

I looked at the 110v panel and found a number of 110v slots so we ran 110v receptacles to the cockpit, aft berth, front berth, inside a starboard cupboard for a potential powered TV splitter or satellite TV box and then....ran a bunch of extra 12v outlets for fans in the head etc.

IMO that made a huge difference for flexibility when moving appliances, chargers, tablets etc. around.

We also installed really cool multi function variable fans in both sleeping areas. They are called Siroccos and they are available at West Marine and some of the other quality marine stores. I posted a number of pictures of the 110v receptacles, 12v receptacles and fans - they should be in the Rinker archives if you are interested.

You are going to LOVE that boat!

• Options
    @thebistro, I waxed it with Trewax four seasons boat wax and pulled the boat out in August and bottom was real clean. Goes on hard but holds up good. Two coats will take a day including helm and cockpit.I own body shops and this is a real solid product.  Thinking about bottom paint but will see next week when the boat comes out. MT, my wife and kids love all the outlets for all the Iphones and Ipads! Really enjoyed the boat this year 150 hours now. Oil at 70, 100, and 140 hours. Should last a long time..
  • Options

@gtyee, the way you are looking after her she will last until you sell her - for top dollar imo!