Options

Trouble getting to the forum today -- from the DoS attack?

LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
edited October 2016 in Non-Boating Related
A lot of people were super-angry today because the huge denial-of-services attack on Dyn prevented them from tweeting (or, in my case, getting on this forum) for a few minutes or hours.

Imagine how angry and disoriented they will be when the real cyber attacks come.  Are you ready?

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. No computers on my boat  :)
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I wondered what was happening! Coming to us soon....Y2K (anyone remember that) for real?
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, all sorts today. I remember Y2K, worked it for 2 years before and that night. Took update calls from NZ as the first place to see 00 at 00:00:00 through most time zones until we through California. We figured the Alaskans were frozen in and the Hawaiians were to much in paradise to care.....

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    I had told Steve Wheaton from Rinker about the forum being down. The forum was up and running before Vanilla got back to him. The guess here is that Vanilla did a software update. Some of the moderator screens are now different....... 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the north east and didn't even notice,and I'm online all day everyday.