2000 232 Captiva Bimini options

Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 918 ✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone, new Rinker owner here! I've owned lots of boats, but this is my first Rinker. I found a really clean 232 cuddy with only 179 hours on it, 350 mag/bravo 3, can't wait to use it, although I did this backwards, I just winterized it haha! 

Okay, about my reason for posting. The boat came with the factory Bimini, with full camper setup in perfect condition. But the shade is very small, and I'd like to extend it back at least 4' to cover the rear bench. On my last boat, I just replaced the factory setup with an 8 footer, but I'd like to keep, and extend the stock setup this time. Has anybody found a kit to purchase that would zip into my factory one? My only searches online are turning up a Yamaha boat, factory extension Bimini. I know I could have one made, but was just wondering what the Rinker crowd thought about it! Thanks....
2000 Captiva 232 

Comments

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look up RNR Marine. They have a wide selection of tops for our boats and they might have one to fit your needs. For what you want to do, I would consider contacting a local canvas shop that has the ability to bend stainless poles. They would be able to custom make an extension to zip to your current top so you wouldn't lose the ability to use your camper top.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!