Options

sub woofers

floater212floater212 Confirm Email, Member Posts: 121 ✭✭
replaced my 1/2 dead amp with new one, sounds ok but.... the sub moves but puts out no noise whatever... dead! :( the system was originally a complete sony  with 6- 6 1/2" sonys and a 10" sony sub, the p/o had changed the sub to a kicker which never really sounded good to me anyway, now that it's dead now comes my problem... #1: where it's located is out in the open where it can get wet so I don't want a expensive one that will probably get soaked and die too. #2: the size of the hole seems to be large for a 10" and the ones I'm looking at says anywhere from a 1/2" to 1 inch smaller than that. so my problem is I need a cheap sub to fit the hole and cover up the cover's screw holes the previous speakers had and make it look good. if all 10" subs face are 10" then the old cover should fit over and cover up everything, right? any input will greatly help in my dilemma , thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't all marine grade speakers handle water?
  • Options
    floater212floater212 Confirm Email, Member Posts: 121 ✭✭
    yes and no, it depends on waterproof and water resistant. actually most are water resistant, it can get wet by a drop or 2 but not like you just finished skiing and got out of water and walked by it dripping.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are looking for a cheap sub, try Parts Express. They have some good stuff and some cheap stuff. If the sub is going to be covered with a white grill, and you aren't concerned about how the sub looks, get a tube of black silicone and smear it on the sub. I guy I knew who used to build custom speakers used to do that with his outdoor speakers. If you are neat with the spreading of the silicon, you would probably never know that it's on there.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!