Options

Birds keep getting in my anchor compartment

Second year now these stupid birds have made a nest in my anchor box.  Cleaned it out yesterday and duck taped the whole to keep them out for now.  The drains were all stopped up with crap that they used for nesting.  So I used a screwdriver to try and free up the drains and I broke through the plastic pipe with the screwdriver.  Now I have to go down and figure out how to fix that before it rains so I don't flood the cabin.  **** birds!  Get your own boat!  Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My hatch locks down, be close to impossible for a bird to get in mine.  That's a new one to me!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    I've seen the birds in a few boats in our marina this year as well.  There are at least 3 that I have seen them going into with their nesting materials. :-S   I guess just use the boat more! :)>-   Soon they will be done with the nesting thing.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    browncbr1browncbr1 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    This is common with a windlass. Go get some scrap 1/4" galvanized screen. Bend it to shape like a cube, then slide it in around the anchor to close the hole when you are away from the boat. I tie a little red rope to mine to remind me to take it out before leaving the dock.