Options

Wakeboard tower recommendations 2000 FV 270

Howz it folks? 
Im been searching the net for a tower but nothing specific for express cruisers.  Any suggestions or recommendations is greatly appreciated. 
Thanks in advance! 

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be surprised to find anything, not exactly a wave board kind of boat.  Don't pull on the arch!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    ericdataericdata Member Posts: 38
    I dont have an arch on mine, but we wakeboard behind it all the time! 
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    edited May 2013
    You could have a SS arch made like the old 265 & 300 Rinkers had but to me they were ugly

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    ericdataericdata Member Posts: 38
    I use to think they were ugly but now I like them. After researching the beam of my boat is 9' so I need to find one that is wide enough and also tall enough. Any idea where this one was made, which by the way is a great example pic. Thanks!
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    edited May 2013
    Any Local Machine could build you one but you better take a fat wallet with you  :)
    I'd have it built local the shipping would eat you up.

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    BabyBoomer is right..big, fat wallet.  It will cost you many, many thousands to have it done right with the right materials.  Want it shiney - even more money.

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck forget the tower, you could wake surf behind the 270 slowly plowing along with the holding and water tanks full and a few added crew in the stern. You might drown a wake boarder trying to get on plane which for us (stocked like a pimped out RV) is about 18mph on a good day.

Good luck, keep thinkin' outside of the box and get some pics of a slightly unique use of a 270.  :)>-
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    Could always teak surf, just mind the CO and the prop. lol

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Please make sure you note BD's sarcasm there! As a former member of the Watersports Industry Association Board of Directors, we saw some BAD things with teak (platform) surfing. Of course, I was on the Warning Label committee, so you can (partially) blame me for the abundance of labels on your wakebaords, skis and tubes! 
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yes, very heavy dose of sarcasm! Just like the 'freighter tag' game a few years ago in Lake St Clair / Detroit River. Some ideas are just plain bad.

PC BYC, Holland, MI