water in bilge 390 Rinker 2006

I always seem to have way to much water in the bilge and cant find where it comes from. My thoughts are from the radar arch where it hinges back at that joint. Took the boat out of the water and no holes or cracks have never gone aground I am the only owner.
Any help would be nice. Also does anybody know if there is even a forward bilge pump I cant find one??

Comments

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    There is a bilge pump in the mid cabin area.  Should be between the two twin beds, under the end table/nightstand in the middle.  As far as water, some comes in from rain in the sides where the blowers vent.  You could possibly have a transom seal leak as well.  My boat is currently out of the water for the winter getting that exact issue fixed.  Also could be leaks around the swim platform or trim tab bolts in the transom.  I have a good friend with the exact same boat, same year, just diesel engines.  They get a lot of water as well and believe it comes from the swim platform bolts.  You should see some water marks from somewhere if you keep the bilge clean.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• DanDan Member Posts: 23
    Thanks I will check all of the above and reseal all the places mentioned
  • craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    If you have bravos check the swivel pin. That's where mine used to come from. 
  • DanDan Member Posts: 23
    I have Volvo thanks
  • J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also seem to have a water problem. 

Just today I pulled 8 gallons of it out of the rear bilge and all it's been doing is sitting at the dock!!  i'm a 270
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @J3ff, those guys that put your engine in, they removed the outdrive. I would be giving them a call. 
    Boat Name : 

• J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weird thing is I've also gone for 3 days with no water in the bilge.   It did pour here for a full day or so... I'm wondering how much water can really get in though those blower vents... I was down there during a heavy down pour and I saw drips going directly into it.