Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turn off refrigerator

califcocalifco MIPosts: 59Member ✭✭
Is there a way to turn off the refrigerators? I have a 2004 312, I turned off the breaker labeled refrigerator in the main electrical panel, the refrigerator stays on using D.C. Power. I don't want to drain the battery while the boat is on land, every time I turn the main breaker on the refrigerator's compressor kicks on, I need power for the Hatch and lights while I'm cleaning the cabin.
Also, how can I power only the battery charger? It looks like it is hard wire, wondering if there is a shortcut to power the charger using an extension cord.

Comments

• Lifes GoodLifes Good Posts: 465Member ✭✭✭
    Turn the temp nob inside the refer until it clicks off.
  • icoulthaicoultha Niskayuna NYPosts: 694Member ✭✭✭
    My 2003 310 has the knob on the front and I also thought it would turn off. But that last click is pretty firm so turn it back past the click point and you'll be good.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Webmaster, Crescent Boat Club

• randy56randy56 Newburgh INPosts: 2,298Member ✭✭✭✭
    Frig knob does turn off frig, mine was hard to get off also. You are correct, unplug charger from the boat and plug into extension cord.
    Boat Name : Knot My Prolem

2003 - 270
  • califcocalifco MIPosts: 59Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the comments, I needed to turn the knob more I didn't realized it wasn't all the way, I heard the click this time.