Galley Faucet very low pressure

Howz it folks! 
The water pressure to my galley sink is very weak, any tios or suggestions is greatly apordciated.
Thank u!! 
Eric
2000 FV270

Comments

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take off the filter on the end of the faucet. It just unscrews. Probably plugged up.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • ericdataericdata Member Posts: 38
    Ill try anything! Thanks!
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    I was thinking the same thing. Did you clean the filter at the pump???
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com

No I haven't cleaned the filter at the pump, where is it located?  Thanks!!

• brianluckbrianluck Member Posts: 174 ✭✭✭
    When my sink lost pressure I found my pump filter clogged, mine is located right at them pump a clear plastic housing
    1994 300fv "General Madness"
  • BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    Take off the filter on the end of the faucet. It just unscrews. Probably plugged up.
    that was my problem last weekend airater was clogged just unscrewed it threw it away it's a standard hardware store part worked great after that.

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Great advice, guys!
    Thanks everyone. I won't be back to check until this weekend and am hoping its as easy as the filter/mesh at the end of the faucet. If not the 2nd place to look into will be the pump filter. Where exactly is that?
  • BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    It's between your water tank & your pump on a 99 & 2000 270 take the waste can out and look down you will see it just to the right. By the way if you look behind the seat after you pull the waste can there is a great place to store your swim noodles.

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
    Awesome ill post my resultts!!  Thank u!,
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope to avoid clogging and scale build-up in my new Rinker EC 310. To that end I had heard great reviews regarding a product sold at West Marine (and a number of R.V. stores) it is a small portable filter by KDF W.M p.n. 13915129 for $32.99 I aslo bought a portable water softener by On The Go. It is also available at West Marine p.n. 12926457 for $329.99. I link the two together - KDF filetr first then the water softener - which takes less than 5 minutes and I get very clean soft water. I tested it and it reduced the marina's water hardness content dramatically. There are no water spots on our fixtures. A fellow slip mate uses only the KDF filter and said it kept a lot of "crud" out of his water system.
    Problem solved, it was the screen at the end of the faucet. Unscrewed it,  and turned on the water and there goes the pressure I was looking for.   Thanks everyone! 
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey ericdata, (I was going to shorten - pun intended - your forum name to ED for my reply, but changed my mind!) If there was debris in the screen that you think may have come from the source of your water fills KDF makes a small  filter that is inexpensive and will last a season. You connect it right to the tap at the marina and then your hose to it. KDF also sells filters whose cartridges can be replaced but they cost a bit more. West Marine sells them and they are also available on line and probably at marinas and house trailer dealerships. MT